How to copy results of a command in Putty

• In a Putty session you simply need to right click on the bar at the top of the Putty box. This will give you a menu. Then click "copy all to clipboard". You don't have to mess with clip board. The results are available to paste now and you are able to paste them into a codebox on the forum. Once it is pasted in the codebox you can edit it to trim off anything that is not needed.

• This copies the whole PuTTY Session, at least as far as you can scroll back.

Just hold down your left mouse button and mark what you want to copy. It is automatically in your clipboard.

You can paste things to PuTTY with a simple right click.

Greetings
    David

Bilder

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Edited to make it clearer.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Putty running on linux you just left-click and move to select the text ( change the option - cntl-right click in the session and go to window/selection if you want to use control to select a BOX of the text) and then middle(wheel) click to paste it into an editor. Its either the same on windows or right-click to paste. I forget as its been so long since I used windows.

• You are using PuTTY under Linux? :o

Greetings
    David

• Yes there is a linux version available. I started using it back when I ran windows on my desktop. Once I made the switch to Linux permanently I searched and found it was available so installed it.

Since you can just bash - ssh hostname the main reason I still like to use it is for the saved sessions, auto-logon and other nice features - like auto-copying what you select into the copy buffer!

You can save a profile for a system and then create a desktop launcher to run putty with that profile. Convenient for people that actually bother with desktop icons ;)

• Offizieller Beitrag

I've always preferred pastebin... It's simple to use

1. Install pastebinit (apt-get install pastebinit)
    to pastebin the output of a command it's <command> | pastebinit
    to paste the contents of a file (ie, a log) it's cat /path/to/file | pastebinit

After each command, you'll get a link to the Debian pastebin.. just paste the link. The good thing is, even if you're having cut/paste issues with Putty, the links are very short and easy to type. If you get an error and no link.. it's because you have an old version pastebinit (this is an issue w/ pastebinit 1.1.2). The solution is also simple. Simply download the Debian package for the current version and install it.

wget http://http.us.debian.org/debi…/pastebinit_1.3-4_all.deb
    dpkg -i pastebinit_1.3-4.all.deb

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!