Ext4 drive won't show media but Exfat will

• I'm having an issue with a Ext4 drive. I had OMV running with an Exfat Drive and I needed to add to more storage amount. I'm trying to use the devices in tandem with one another and I decided to format the newest one with Ext4 for the better Linux capability, rather than relying on exfat fuse and utils. This however has created more problems than it has solved.The Ext4 format seems to be riddled with issues. For testing I made the drives hold identical files, and the Ext4 drive isn't faulty; I can mount and use it on ubuntu without issue.

When using the Ext4 drive to create a Samba share, I'm required to input a password even though I have it set to Guests only and identical settings to the Exfat drive which works perfectly. The login also doesn't work, I have only one user set up and their credentials don't work, I have also tried my OMV GUI login without success. I've also attempted to run Minidlna. Again the setup with the Exfat drive works without issues but when i mount the Ext4 drive into it, 0 files can be loaded.

Any ideas on how to fix this ?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!