Create LVM Mirror?

• Hello people,
    i want to create a LV with two 10TB drives which should be mirrored on two other 10TB drives. I wanna use these 20TB in one VG with one filesystem. So far so good, but i can´t find an option to create a LVM mirror in OMV.

Is it even possible to do so?

Im really new with LVM so please be patient :).

Thanks in advance!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is it even possible to do so?

Im really new with LVM so please be patient :).

From the web interface, no. From the command line, yes. You would create the vg and the lv mirror and add the filesystem. Then it would just magically show up in the OMV filesystems tab.

But the real question is why do you want to use LVM? Most people would create a raid10 mdadm array directly on the disks which can be done in the web interface. If you were using virtual disks, I might kind of understand why you would want LVM but since you are using spinning disks, I would tell you this is a bad idea. If you want snapshots, use zfs or btrfs.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!