Using openmediavault-plugin on Raspberry Pi

• Just started using OpenMediaVault recently with a Raspberry Pi (will upgrade to a full blown system later).

I have been looking at the backup plugin and would like avoid having to reconfigure OMV if I have to restart from scratch.

Didnt see a restore option in the plugin tab. Looked for a readme or other info about the plugin about how to do this and didnt find anything.

Can someone point me to something that has been written up on this ? What option for backup are best to use dd, or one of the other options ?

I can make an image of the microSD card but was trying to have something in place that I could transition to when I move to the final system.

Thanks,
    Ron

• Generally, I think that any solution that does not give the backup restore option in itself should not be called a backup solution. Performing a media / partition backup is usually the smallest problem.
    Most ordinary users are starting to realize the problem when they suddenly have to restore this backup. Then scratching the head begins.
    -How to do it.
    -Why it does not work.
    -This is an old backup.
    -The backup is damaged.

Personally, I would avoid the practice of making a backup where we do not have an absolutely-conceived mechanism for efficiently and quickly restoring the backup.
    Making a sd card backup using the In / Out method can be annoying but we avoid a live system without any interference. And this backup can always be imported to a sd or ssd / hdd. But this is imho ... many will not agree.

The first principle of a backup solution
    -Restore your backups!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!