Asrock J3455-ITX install

• Hi all.

I've been using OMV on a Raspberry Pi recently and have loved it. The hardware in this case really let it down.

I've inherited an Asrock J3455-ITX l, and by the looks people have had trouble installing OMV onto it.

What's the best way to go about it, from people who've managed it on a J3455 before? I've read that it's been done via normal flash drive, CD to flash drive, by installing Debian first, and via VirtualBox on a Windows PC.

I'm looking to use a USB stick as the boot drive (to save a SATA port). Which is the best way to go about it?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Where are you finding people are having trouble installing to it and what are the issues?

The only reason the Debian install would be needed, is if for some reason the OMV ISO was having some sort of hardware detection issue (not entirely out of the realm of the possibility.. but that board is fairly old, so it seems unlikely).

Looking strictly at the specs, the only thing glaring I see, is the NIC. Those Realtek's suck in my experience... but free is free. Depending on how many drives you plan to shove in this thing (ie, will you need a sata or raid card)... I'd probably consider an Intel NIC card. One of the most frustrating NIC's I ever used on Linux, was an 8111G... admittedly it was several years ago, so maybe there's finally decent support for the device (I still use the board, just use an Intel NIC)

Also, how many drives do you plan to shove into this thing, as there's only 4 sata ports (again, assuming you're not planning to use a sata/raid card)..

Free is great as long as it will meet your needs.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!