Support network cards

• Hi

My media box has a built in Realtek network card, which appears is not supported.

It seems I need to buy another PCI card, is there a list of supported cards or can anyone recommend a fairly cheap card? I don't wish to buy one that is not supported. I am only looking for something basic.

• Intel NICs are usually well supported. But not necessarily cheap.
    Also a lot of Realtek NICs are supported. Is this a very new type of Realtek board without support in the current Linux kernel?

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von cabrio_leo ()

• it's a gigabyte h97m-d3h board with a built in Realtek RTL8111 GbE LAN chip, it did work on previous versions, but stopped with an upgrade. The adapter works fine if I boot windows, but OMV can't find it. Looking into it, there seems to be an issue with the drivers not being open source. The suggested resolution is to use another card to load the drivers, however, once I have another card in there, that would be fine, so I just want to be sure I buy a card that will work (there are a lot around with the same Realtek chip).

• I just want to be sure I buy a card that will work (there are a lot around with the same Realtek chip).

In a word: Intel.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!