Disk Usage empty

• Hi all.
    'm on OMV 4 with a zfs pool that recently got resilvered. All went well.
    However, the Performance Statistics/disk usage page is empty (even the refresh button is missing - see attachment).
    All other graphs work as expected.
    What I did (probably to make things worst):
    1) stop/start collected (as per a forum thread)
    2) Clear rrdcache and restart browser (mozilla firefox)
    3) omv-firstaid
    4) reboot
    5) checked files in /etc/collectd/collectd.conf.d (they seem om to me for what it's worth)
    6) several linear ombinations of the previous options.

Since I'm running out of ideas, can someone please provide me with some?

Best regards
    Carlos

• Which kernel version, which omv version and which zfs version?

For me it works as expected. Are your zpool filesystems mounted?

Regards Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    openmediavault 6 | proxmox kernel | zfs | docker | kvm
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• There is a problem with collectd and kernel 4.19. The empty graphs are the result. This will require an upstream change to collectd.

If you are using kernel 4.19, then either downgrade to 4.18 (or boot to 4.18) or wait for the collectd maintainers to come up with a fix and release an updated package.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• For me it works as expected with latest kernel 4.19.

Regards Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Not working here on either 4.19 kernel.

Linux omv 4.19.0-0.bpo.1-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.12-1~bpo9+1 (2018-12-30) x86_64 GNU/Linux

Linux omv 4.19.0-0.bpo.2-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.16-1~bpo9+1 (2019-02-07) x86_64 GNU/Linux

Last activity on my graphs is from third week of January.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• OK, I did not do anything to get it to work.

Code
    root@omv4:~# uname -a
    Linux omv4 4.19.0-0.bpo.2-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.16-1~bpo9+1 (2019-02-07) x86_64 GNU/Linux

Regards Hoppel

• My bad, I misread the OP. Disk usage works here.

It's Disk I/O that no longer works with kernel 4.19.

--

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von gderf ()

• WOW! One goes to bed and all Hell brakes loose...

Ok.So, details:
    1) OMV 4.1.19-1
    2) Kernel 4.18.0-0.bpo.3-amd64
    3) zfs 0.7.12-1~bpo9+1

A few more (ir)relevant details:
    1) disks encrypted with luks 3.0.5/cryptsetup 1.7.3-4
    2) zfs and luks (mostly) managed by CLI
    3) Disk I/O doesn't work either. It used to work for the OMV drive (not anymore) but I never could make it work for the ZFS pool. Not really an issue for me but still... across several kernel updates (at least 4.16)
    4) the Disk Usage used to work both for the OMV disk and ZFS pool.Now it just doesn't work.
    5) Pool is mounted and accessible (it's automatically decrypted and mounted on boot against a remote "secret" file)
    6) All other graphs (cpu/load/memory/network) work as expected

Are you guys all on 4.19 kernel?

Thanks for your interest
    Best regards,
    Carlos

• It's Disk I/O that no longer works with kernel 4.19.

I can’t see „Disk I/O“ graphs. Are they disabled because of the issue?

4) the Disk Usage used to work both for the OMV disk and ZFS pool.Now it just doesn't work.

Sorry, can’t help you with that issue.

Are you guys all on 4.19 kernel?

Not all, at least I am really fast at the latest backports kernel normally.

Regards Hoppel

• I can’t see „Disk I/O“ graphs. Are they disabled because of the issue?

No, they are not disabled and are still visible. It's just that collectd no longer provides any data to the graphs so they appear empty.

I do not remember how I got Disk I/O graphs added into Performance Statistics, but IIRC it was something extra I had to install.

--

• Maybe this is an alternative: Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced

There you have all the graphs you need, but they look much better. ;)

Not very hard to install in a docker.

Regards Hoppel

• In /var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost I do have, amongst others, df-srv-vpool and disk-sdf.
    I assume this means collected does collect data. If I delete them, they get regenerated.

It seems to be a "display glitch" (or a total missunderstanding from my part....)

• Ok. it seems that the after the recent upgrade tp 4.1.19, the ZFS 4.0.4 plugin, brakes the Performance Statistics/disk usage.
    Been playing around on a VM and I could reproduce this every time.
    Can someone please confirm/check?

Best regards

• My System is completely up-to-date and I don’t have this issue.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I can’t see „Disk I/O“ graphs. Are they disabled because of the issue?

You won't see this particular graph set without the Diskstat's plugin. I have empty graphs as well.

WOW! One goes to bed and all Hell brakes loose...

Let's just say things "warmed" a bit. :)

• hoppel118. weird... I did it again (B Spears forever!). Removed zfs plugin, reboot, disk usage appears. install zfs plugin, reboot, disk usage disappears.
    I remove diskstats plugin some time ago. Maybe leftovers are interfering (long shot, I know)?
    I'll try again tomorrow with a clean install on the VM. This one as been through a lot.

@flmaxey. There is always room for a little overemphasis... :)

• You won't see this particular graph set without the Diskstat's plugin. I have empty graphs as well.

OK, I dont use this plugin.

@camjesus2 Here you see my installed versions:

Code
    root@omv4:~# uname -a
    Linux omv4 4.19.0-0.bpo.2-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.16-1~bpo9+1 (2019-02-07) x86_64 GNU/Linux
    Code
    root@omv4:~# dpkg --list | grep openmediavault
    ii  openmediavault                      4.1.19-1                       all          openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution
    ii  openmediavault-clamav               4.1.9                          all          OpenMediaVault ClamAV plugin
    ii  openmediavault-docker-gui           4.1.3                          all          OpenMediaVault plugin for Docker
    ii  openmediavault-keyring              1.0                            all          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii  openmediavault-omvextrasorg         4.1.15                         all          OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    ii  openmediavault-zfs                  4.0.4                          amd64        OpenMediaVault plugin for ZFS
    Code
    root@omv4:~# dpkg --list | grep zfs
    ii  libzfs2linux                        0.7.12-1~bpo9+1                amd64        OpenZFS filesystem library for Linux
    ii  openmediavault-zfs                  4.0.4                          amd64        OpenMediaVault plugin for ZFS
    ii  zfs-dkms                            0.7.12-1~bpo9+1                all          OpenZFS filesystem kernel modules for Linux
    ii  zfs-zed                             0.7.12-1~bpo9+1                amd64        OpenZFS Event Daemon
    ii  zfsutils-linux                      0.7.12-1~bpo9+1                amd64        command-line tools to manage OpenZFS filesystems

I suggest to have a look at netdata. There you have really good graphs for all your disks (incl. disk i/o) and zfs filesystems.

Regards Hoppel

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von hoppel118 ()

• Hi, I'm in the same situation of the OP. PNG files for disk usage are correctly generated but not shown in the web interface.
    Also tried Netdata: beautiful but too much for my needs and doesn't store long term data.
    Any idea for a possible solution?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!