Disk Usage empty

• OMV 4.x
    • Disk Usage empty

Hi all.
      'm on OMV 4 with a zfs pool that recently got resilvered. All went well.
      However, the Performance Statistics/disk usage page is empty (even the refresh button is missing - see attachment).
      All other graphs work as expected.
      What I did (probably to make things worst):
      1) stop/start collected (as per a forum thread)
      2) Clear rrdcache and restart browser (mozilla firefox)
      3) omv-firstaid
      4) reboot
      5) checked files in /etc/collectd/collectd.conf.d (they seem om to me for what it's worth)
      6) several linear ombinations of the previous options.

Since I'm running out of ideas, can someone please provide me with some?

Best regards
      Carlos
      Images
      • Untitled.png

7.34 kB, 619×549, viewed 43 times
    • Disk Usage empty

Which kernel version, which omv version and which zfs version?

For me it works as expected. Are your zpool filesystems mounted?

Regards Hoppel
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      frontend software - tvos | android tv | libreelec | win10 | kodi krypton
      frontend hardware - appletv 4k | nvidia shield tv | odroid c2 | yamaha rx-a1020 | quadral chromium style 5.1 | samsung le40-a789r2
      -------------------------------------------
      backend software - debian | openmediavault | latest backport kernel | zfs raid-z2 | docker | emby | unifi | vdr | tvheadend | fhem
      backend hardware - supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    • There is a problem with collectd and kernel 4.19. The empty graphs are the result. This will require an upstream change to collectd.

If you are using kernel 4.19, then either downgrade to 4.18 (or boot to 4.18) or wait for the collectd maintainers to come up with a fix and release an updated package.
      --
      Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV 4.x - ASRock Rack C2550D4I - 16GB ECC - Silverstone DS380
    • Disk Usage empty

For me it works as expected with latest kernel 4.19.

Regards Hoppel
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      frontend hardware - appletv 4k | nvidia shield tv | odroid c2 | yamaha rx-a1020 | quadral chromium style 5.1 | samsung le40-a789r2
      backend software - debian | openmediavault | latest backport kernel | zfs raid-z2 | docker | emby | unifi | vdr | tvheadend | fhem
      backend hardware - supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    • Not working here on either 4.19 kernel.

Linux omv 4.19.0-0.bpo.1-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.12-1~bpo9+1 (2018-12-30) x86_64 GNU/Linux

Linux omv 4.19.0-0.bpo.2-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.16-1~bpo9+1 (2019-02-07) x86_64 GNU/Linux

Last activity on my graphs is from third week of January.
      --

• OK, I did not do anything to get it to work.

Source Code

1. root@omv4:~# uname -a
      2. Linux omv4 4.19.0-0.bpo.2-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.16-1~bpo9+1 (2019-02-07) x86_64 GNU/Linux

Regards Hoppel
    • WOW! One goes to bed and all Hell brakes loose...

Ok.So, details:
      1) OMV 4.1.19-1
      2) Kernel 4.18.0-0.bpo.3-amd64
      3) zfs 0.7.12-1~bpo9+1

A few more (ir)relevant details:
      1) disks encrypted with luks 3.0.5/cryptsetup 1.7.3-4
      2) zfs and luks (mostly) managed by CLI
      3) Disk I/O doesn't work either. It used to work for the OMV drive (not anymore) but I never could make it work for the ZFS pool. Not really an issue for me but still... across several kernel updates (at least 4.16)
      4) the Disk Usage used to work both for the OMV disk and ZFS pool.Now it just doesn't work.
      5) Pool is mounted and accessible (it's automatically decrypted and mounted on boot against a remote "secret" file)
      6) All other graphs (cpu/load/memory/network) work as expected

Are you guys all on 4.19 kernel?

Thanks for your interest
      Best regards,
      Carlos
    • Disk Usage empty

gderf wrote:

It's Disk I/O that no longer works with kernel 4.19.

I can’t see „Disk I/O“ graphs. Are they disabled because of the issue?

camjesus2 wrote:

4) the Disk Usage used to work both for the OMV disk and ZFS pool.Now it just doesn't work.

Sorry, can’t help you with that issue.

camjesus2 wrote:

Are you guys all on 4.19 kernel?

Not all, at least I am really fast at the latest backports kernel normally.

Regards Hoppel
    • hoppel118 wrote:

gderf wrote:

It's Disk I/O that no longer works with kernel 4.19.

No, they are not disabled and are still visible. It's just that collectd no longer provides any data to the graphs so they appear empty.

I do not remember how I got Disk I/O graphs added into Performance Statistics, but IIRC it was something extra I had to install.
      --

• Disk Usage empty

Maybe this is an alternative: Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced

There you have all the graphs you need, but they look much better. ;)

Not very hard to install in a docker.

Regards Hoppel
    • Disk Usage empty

My System is completely up-to-date and I don’t have this issue.
    • hoppel118 wrote:

You won't see this particular graph set without the Diskstat's plugin. I have empty graphs as well.

camjesus2 wrote:

WOW! One goes to bed and all Hell brakes loose...
      Let's just say things "warmed" a bit. :)

Video Guides :!: New User Guide :!: Docker Guides :!: Pi-hole in Docker
      Good backup takes the "drama" out of computing.
    • @hoppel118. weird... I did it again (B Spears forever!). Removed zfs plugin, reboot, disk usage appears. install zfs plugin, reboot, disk usage disappears.
      I remove diskstats plugin some time ago. Maybe leftovers are interfering (long shot, I know)?
      I'll try again tomorrow with a clean install on the VM. This one as been through a lot.

@flmaxey. There is always room for a little overemphasis... :)
    • flmaxey wrote:

You won't see this particular graph set without the Diskstat's plugin. I have empty graphs as well.
      OK, I dont use this plugin.

@camjesus2 Here you see my installed versions:

Source Code

1. root@omv4:~# uname -a
      2. Linux omv4 4.19.0-0.bpo.2-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.16-1~bpo9+1 (2019-02-07) x86_64 GNU/Linux

Source Code

1. root@omv4:~# dpkg --list | grep openmediavault
      2. ii openmediavault 4.1.19-1 all openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution
      3. ii openmediavault-clamav 4.1.9 all OpenMediaVault ClamAV plugin
      4. ii openmediavault-docker-gui 4.1.3 all OpenMediaVault plugin for Docker
      5. ii openmediavault-keyring 1.0 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
      6. ii openmediavault-omvextrasorg 4.1.15 all OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
      7. ii openmediavault-zfs 4.0.4 amd64 OpenMediaVault plugin for ZFS

Source Code

1. root@omv4:~# dpkg --list | grep zfs
      2. ii libzfs2linux 0.7.12-1~bpo9+1 amd64 OpenZFS filesystem library for Linux
      3. ii openmediavault-zfs 4.0.4 amd64 OpenMediaVault plugin for ZFS
      4. ii zfs-dkms 0.7.12-1~bpo9+1 all OpenZFS filesystem kernel modules for Linux
      5. ii zfs-zed 0.7.12-1~bpo9+1 amd64 OpenZFS Event Daemon
      6. ii zfsutils-linux 0.7.12-1~bpo9+1 amd64 command-line tools to manage OpenZFS filesystems

I suggest to have a look at netdata. There you have really good graphs for all your disks (incl. disk i/o) and zfs filesystems.

Regards Hoppel

The post was edited 1 time, last by hoppel118 ().