OMV über USB installieren

• Hallo ich brauch mal eure Hilfe,

bin schon vor über einem Jahr von Ubuntu Server auf OMV umgestiegen und auch sehr zufrieden! Nur leider ist mir Diese Woche meine Master Festplatte auf meinem Server gestorbenen.
    Was ich zum Anlass nahm, mir auch gleich ein Neues Motherboard zu gönnen (Supermicro A2SDi-4C-HLN4F).
    Jetzt bekomme ich es leider nicht hin, dass der USB Stick gebootet wird. Hab schon alles mögliche versucht (Bootreihenfolge verstellt, uefi auf legacy umgestellt, USB Stick gewechselt, Bios Update )Der Stick Bootet aber auf einem anderen Pc. Sobald ich den Stick in Fat32 formatiere wird er auch am Server erkannt. Darauf hin wollte ich Debian installieren was leider auch nicht funktioniert. Ich weis mir einfach nicht mehr zu Helfen, wäre echt glücklich über Lösungsvorschläge!

Hello, I need your help,

I switched from Ubuntu Server to OMV more than a year ago and I am very satisfied! Unfortunately, this week my master hard drive has died on my server.
    What I took as an opportunity to give me a new motherboard (Supermicro A2SDi-4C-HLN4F).
    Unfortunately I can not get it now, that the USB stick is booted. Have already tried everything possible (boot order adjusted, uefi switched to legacy, USB stick changed, bios update) The stick Bootet but on another PC. As soon as I format the stick in Fat32 it is also recognized on the server. I wanted to install Debian, which unfortunately did not work. just do not know to help anymore, would be really happy about proposed solutions!

Euer Tobi

• Hello and thanks for the answer,
    yes the USB Drive is not recognized and is not displayed in the boot options.I wanted to run the script install, but the USB Drive with Debian on it is also not recognized

• Offizieller Beitrag

Some motherboards require that "enable USB boot" to be set in BIOS. I took a quick look through the Mobo manual but didn't see anything. (It might still be there, somewhere.)

Things I might try:
    - I would try TPM State -Disabled

I would look at the the following options in BIOS, found on page 98 of your manual, carefully.

In the first option, UEFI application boot priorities you might find that you can force USB keys (or thumb drives).
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Do you have a CD/DVD drive use can use, even if it's temporary? (Perhaps get a CD/DVD drive and cable(s) from a work station?)
    If you do, you could install OMV from CD. I have yet to see a motherboard that would not boot from a CD/DVD drive.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!