VirtualBox Slow...

• Anyone else having an issue where Virtualbox is slow and laggy with their VM's? I am running openmediavault off of a usb thumb drive. The VMDK is being ran from my Raid1 storage, but I get the OS of mediavault needs to interact with it. I was running vmware on this machine prior to openmediavault and VM's were fast. I was utilizing a spinning disk vs USB as the OS though. Is anyone having the same issue or experienced it before? If so, did changing your OMV from usb to SSD fix the issue?

Disregard, it seems I have to add more cores than VMWare virtualization tool. Seemed to fix the issue. Bummer that it isn't as effecient, but it seems to work ok if I allocate more cores.

• Well, my VM lasted about 4 hours and then tanked. I hit stop and it's been sitting on "stopping" for 30 minutes. I don't think this plugin is ready for prime time. I may have to look into unraid as my solution, I built my machine as an all in one solution and I don't want to waste a bunch of hardware If I cant run VM's.

OpenMediaVault itself seems stable and great overall. Just wish it had a reliable Virtual plugin.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!