Restore OMV Backup

• I installed a script to automate my snapraid syncs and rather than use the gui scheduler I used crontab. I did not know that crontab has an automated script to upgrade packages at 4am everyday. Everything seems to be working on my machine except for the web gui now. I can still ssh into it and my plex server and VMs are running.

I do have a recent backup saved of the system drive, is it possible to restore to the same drive currently being used? Or maybe there's a way to avoid the restore?

Thanks for any help.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I did not know that crontab has an automated script to upgrade packages at 4am everyday.

It doesn't upgrade anything. It just runs apt-get update and downloads the packages. Nothing is installed.

Everything seems to be working on my machine except for the web gui now.

Is this OS drive full? What is the output of: sudo monit status omv-engined

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• After consecutive reboots more and more services were failing and my attempts to restore the backup made it worse. I'll use this opportunity to upgrade to omv 4. Thanks for your help though.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!