Can't upgrade due to missing python-samba dependencies

• Hi everyone,

I've been strugling for the past week with one of my NAS running OMV 4 being unable to upgrade packets anymore (while my second one did not have any issue). Everything I tried failed and the following actions always fail currently :
    - Trying to upgrade via OMV GUI or CLI withapt-get upgrade or apt upgrade
    - Trying to install/remove packets via the GUI or CLI

When I try to upgrade via the CLI, I get the following messages :

I then try apt upgrade :

Code
    apt upgrade
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    You might want to run 'apt --fix-broken install' to correct these.
    The following packages have unmet dependencies:
     python-samba : Depends: libwbclient0 (= 2:4.5.12+dfsg-2+deb9u4) but 2:4.5.16+dfsg-1 is installed
                    Depends: samba-libs (= 2:4.5.12+dfsg-2+deb9u4) but 2:4.5.16+dfsg-1 is installed
    E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt --fix-broken install' with no packages (or specify a solution).

As recommended, I try "apt --fix-broken install" :

(nevermind the language error, i changed it just to get english error messages to post here, but the overall error was the same before i changed anything).

It appears something is wrong with python-samba and python-dnspython.

I have tried apt clear and other advices i got on a french forum (https://debian-facile.org/viewtopic.php?id=23753 if you wanna check out) but nothing worked and I feel stucked :( . I have a dd backup before the error appeared, but I wonder if something could be fixed without using it or if there's no workaround ?

Do you guys have any suggestions I could try ?

Thanks !

• Hi votdev,

I did not even realize I did that to be honest, do you think there is any chance of saving the install or should I "simply" use my dd backup generated by the omv plugin ?

Thanks.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!