OMV in companies

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hello all,

we are very interested in who is using OMV. If you are using OMV in your company please let us know, we would like to list such companies on the homepage. If you want to see a link to your company incl. a logo on the homepage post a comment here or contact us at info @ openmediavault . org.

• I looked at OMV, but also wanted official support for owncloud.

As soon as OwnCloud is implemented I will deploy as part of R.A.I.N solution. Reliable Array of Independant Nodes.

SO we have onsite and offsite backups rsynced in harmony. With added bonus of OC features in the same box.

I know OC can be added, but it will need ot be part of it for my directors to agree to its use.

AD intergration would be completely amazing. As it is I can work around this as only a few users in IT need access.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I am using it here at Ryeco and I use it at a school.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi,

We're currently testing OMV, it is not yet in production because we need the following to be resolved:

We would like to use it to assign external disk for our VPS clients so they can backup their websites out to another physical machine. We've to face with an inconvenient as OMV doesn't chroot the users, therefore if you enable ssh access they can -at least- list system paths and figure out things that we wouldn't like to disclose.

Anyway the software looks promising and we would like to say congrats for this great product :)

We will check next releases to see if at any point this feature comes up.

Kind regards

--
    PS. our site's url: http://www.nessys.es

• nessys: FTP is chrooted, so may that be a solution for you?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Hi David,

Thanks for your response.

Yes FTP is chroot'ed but not yet(?) ssh service.
    With SSH you have two services in one: ssh and sftp and even you can write scripts moving data with scp, so I'm more into SSH protocol than old-fashioned ftp.

Many thanks.

• chente

Hat das Thema geschlossen.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!