External access to docker contrainer

• TL;DR need external access to a specific docker container, running on my OMV.

I have a ghost blog installed in a docker contrainer (192.168.1.149:2368)

I'm messing around with JAMstack and Netlify to get a static front-end running on GitHub (using my own domain name).

Essentially, everything else is setup, but Netlify needs the address of where my ghost back-end is located (my docker container) for every time it rebuilds.

I can't figure out how to give it access through to that container with port-forwarding etc.

So far, all I have been able to do is get a ddns up and running, which taken me to my router login page.

NB: using DD-WRT router firmware, so should be able to do just about anything needed. Also have OpenVPN policy routing so all external traffic to OMV (192.168.1.149) goes through VPN.

Thanks! :cursing:

• in your dd-wrt router, redirect all traficc to port 2368 to the same port and use IP of your NAS

eg: if your NAS is 192.168.0.10 redirect 2368 to 192.168.0.10:2368

PD: This is for a normal connetion, not sure if works ina VPN connection.

• No dice on this unfortunately.

Tried with and without the VPN setup - not sure why it's blocking

ApplicationProtocolSource NetPort fromIP AddressPort toEnable

NameTCP UDP BothSource NetPort FromIP AddressPort toEnable
    GhostBoth2368192.168.1.1492368X
    • Offizieller Beitrag

I could be wrong, but I thought Docker had it's own unique IP? I know when I ipconfig....

so I wonder if you were to forward to (in my example..) 172.17.0.1:2368.. if that would work? (I highly doubt it, but I've noticed that in my ipconfig before.

(Edit: FWIW though, I've forwarded ports or Calibre, which I have running on Docker, and it works fine with just IPaddress:calibre port.)

• I could be wrong, but I thought Docker had it's own unique IP? I know when I ipconfig....

so I wonder if you were to forward to (in my example..) 172.17.0.1:2368.. if that would work? (I highly doubt it, but I've noticed that in my ipconfig before.

(Edit: FWIW though, I've forwarded ports or Calibre, which I have running on Docker, and it works fine with just IPaddress:calibre port.)

How are you running ipconfig? I ssh in and altried sheelInABox - ipconfig and ifconfig are both 'command not found'

• Offizieller Beitrag

ipconfig and ifconfig are both 'command not found'

ipconfig is a windows command. ifconfig has been deprecated. Use ip a (short for ip address show)

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• How are you running ipconfig? I ssh in and altried sheelInABox - ipconfig and ifconfig are both 'command not found'

Ok so i get the below when running ip a

at line 13 - i port-forwarded (like in my earlier post) using the 172.12.0.1 IP, but it's a no-go too, as you expected.

There must be something else happening here. Even with a policy rounding my OMV server traffic through a VPN, it should still be accessible - it's downloading /uploading data 24/7 afterall. Not sure what I'm missing.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!