Strange issue with User Homes Shared folder

• I'm not entirely sure why this is happening but it seems to only happen with the "Homes" shared folder, which I have enabled for user homes.

Rundown....

"Homes" shared folder created and pointing to the "/srv/XXXXXXX/homes" folder on the filesystem (it's a mergerFS filesystem so the ID is long).
    Plenty of other shared folders created under this same /srv/XXXXXXX/ location as well
    Under users > settings tab > enabled homes folder and point it to that Homes shared folder.
    SMB/CIFS under Home Directories, I have it enabled

Every single time I reboot the server, I lose the Homes shared folder, which of course breaks access to users shared folders. I can try to browse /sharedfolders/Homes and it's completely empty. All of the other shared folders are fine.

To fix it, I go to Shared Folders, edit the Homes shared folder, everything is correct. I browse anyways to "point" it back to the location, even though it's the same location as when it was originally set. Save, then apply. And magically it's working again.

And.....now that I'm typing all of this. I decided to check my /etc/fstab and there isn't an entry for the Homes shared folder. There's one in for all BUT that one, even though I set it every single time I reboot. Is there a reason this isn't getting applied to fstab?

Edit: Nevermind about fstab. I just realized those are my NFS shares.

• Offizieller Beitrag

There have been several threads on this relating to mergerfs (not necessarily with home folders, but in general).

When you set your home folder in the user settings.. it is not mapped to /srv/whatever.. it is mapped to to a link in /sharedfolders. There was a thread a while ago where someone said basically mergerfs was "racing" and getting mounted after /shared folders IIRC... so the shared folders get mounted blank.

The recent thread was geared more towards docker, but it sounds like the same issue. Someone wrote a script that supposedly made mergerfs mount before any shared folders, which should essentially solve the problem.

• See that's the strange thing. Looking at at the other threads, it looks as if others report that all shared folders that are from the mergerfs pool fail to appear due to the timing. My problem is, it's just the one. All of my shared folders are from my mergerfs pool. But it's just the one shared folder that doesn't appear. I guess it's still possible it's a timing issue. I'll do some more digging to see if that's it.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!