I accidentally deleted the OMV web interface. Any way to get it back?

• So I messed up. I installed the nginx plugin for OMV and then decided that I would rather use apache so I uninstalled the plugin from within the web interface, but decided that I wanted to cleanup the directories it had created so I searched for folders that had the name "nginx". I ended up deleting "/usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/nginx" and I now realize that the folder contained the web interface for my server. Anything I can do about it?

• You could try:

apt-get install --reinstall openmediavault

And pray it works.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• You could try:

apt-get install --reinstall openmediavault

And pray it works.

Didn't work. I might be looking at reinstalling the whole server. I'm gonna cry because I have finished ripping so many blu-rays, but hey, you live and you learn I guess.

• I´m gonna cry because I have finished ripping so many blu-rays, but hey, you live and you learn I guess.

If you reinstall the server disconnect your data drive before. Then your data should be safe.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Offizieller Beitrag

I only have one drive because it's kind of a home project thing. The blu-ray rips and OS installation are on separate partitions. Will that work?

You'll need to install Debian from the netinst ISO to your current OS partition, then install OMV on top of that... to pull that off. The OMV iso will nuke the whole drive (including your data partition). You need to be very careful doing this, because you could easily nuke your data (back it up somewhere in case something goes wrong)

• The OMV iso will nuke the whole drive (including your data partition).

I would also suggest to backup the data partition to a separate drive before reinstalling the server. I´m more of a coward :)

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• You'll need to install Debian from the netinst ISO to your current OS partition, then install OMV on top of that... to pull that off. The OMV iso will nuke the whole drive (including your data partition). You need to be very careful doing this, because you could easily nuke your data (back it up somewhere in case something goes wrong)

Ok so the OMV ISO from the website doesn't offer manual partitioning? I should just install debian netinst and then run "sudo apt install openmediavault"?

• Ok so the OMV ISO from the website doesn't offer manual partitioning?

Exactly!

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Ok so the OMV ISO from the website doesn't offer manual partitioning? I should just install debian netinst and then run "sudo apt install openmediavault"?

Yes... When you install Debian, and it asks you what packages to install. Only thing you want to install is Open SSH server. Then when that is done, you need to add the OMV repository to Debian and then install OMV (that should be in the Guides section how to do that)

• Exactly!

Yes... When you install Debian, and it asks you what packages to install. Only thing you want to install is Open SSH server. Then when that is done, you need to add the OMV repository to Debian and then install OMV (that should be in the Guides section how to do that)

Both of you guys have been so helpful. I'm so glad that there is a less painful solution that wiping all the data. While I am using this server for home use I also made its development the topic of a semester long project I am doing for my computer science course. I have ripped all my blu-rays and re-encoded them in 720p so I could demonstrate the server's media serving capabilities to the class for the end of the year presentation. Redoing all of my work so far would have been a real mood killer. When I get home I will try to fix this mess and then update this thread with the results.

• Exactly!

Both of you guys have been so helpful. I'm so glad that there is a less painful solution that wiping all the data. While I am using this server for home use I also made its development the topic of a semester long project I am doing for my computer science course. I have ripped all my blu-rays and re-encoded them in 720p so I could demonstrate the server's media serving capabilities to the class for the end of the year presentation. Redoing all of my work so far would have been a real mood killer. When I get home I will try to fix this mess and then update this thread with the results.

• Alright so I got one last update. Thanks for all of the advice everybody. I got openmediavault running again preserved my video partition. All I have to do now is set up shared folders and permissions. Thanks again.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!