advanced permission setup

• hi

how to realize advanced permission scenario to subfodler in share? using gui I can quite simply set permisions to subfolder using NA,RO,RW permissions, but what if I want to create scenario where user can write data to folder, but cant delete file? Do I have to do it manually from console or is there a way to do it using GUI?

• but what if I want to create scenario where user can write data to folder, but cant delete file?

Which file is meant? The file a user has created by himself in the folder or by another user? If a file is created by a user in a folder this user is always be able do delete it. Otherwise it is possible to prevent a user to delete a file in a folder which is created by another user. In this case you will have to deal with diffente Samba MASK settings and other nice things.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Which file is meant? The file a user has created by himself in the folder or by another user? If a file is created by a user in a folder this user is always be able do delete it. Otherwise it is possible to prevent a user to delete a file in a folder which is created by another user. In this case you will have to deal with diffente Samba MASK settings and other nice things.

on ntfs I can easly create permision where user can create files, but can't delete files - is this possible on linux?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!