8ish-year-old used, decent, brand-name mini-tower PC's with >=4 SATA ports: Recommended "Oldies but Goodies"?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have the Lenovo TS140, with an i3 and ECC. I got it on sale, from Amazon, for $220 years ago. While the model I bought had 8GB ECC installed, I added another 4GB stick from Ebay (for $20), for 12GB total. So far, it's been flawless.

Based on my usage as a file server, with a couple dockers and a couple direct installed add-on's, it has been more than enough. I've never seen the CPU anywhere near 100%.

The Pro's:
    - Low Cost, ECC, power efficient, and more than adequate performance.
    - For home users who may store it in open living spaces, this box is whisper quiet - nearly dead silent. (One would have to get next to it and really listen to hear the case fans.)

The Con's:
    - It supports 2 drives easily. If more drives are needed / desired, they won't just drop in. There are empty bays but this will require an adapter. I've done this to add a 3rd drive.

For those who may interested in the TS130, here's the user guide with spec's.

Edit: I believe this is the -> Ebay listing for TechnoDad's TS130 server. (31Mar2019)

• @TechnoDadLife found a gem on eBay, a 6ish-yr old Lenovo ThinkServer for $99:

Externer Inhalt m.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

It looks like you could get 3 or 4 3.5" drives in there.

You can, you just need an adapter. It was brand new in box. It was lost in a warehouse some where.

I am going to sell it though I just bought 5 more servers. My wife is saying to much!

• Offizieller Beitrag

If set up right, these Lenovo SOHO servers (the TS series) would be great for small business and are awesome for home use. While they're now selling the TS150, starting at $999, the earlier models (TS130 & TS140) are roughly the same item.

I am going to sell it though I just bought 5 more servers. My wife is saying to much!

5 more servers? 8o (I can't help but wonder how many you had, before buying 5 more.)

I shouldn't talk. I have 3 servers, you know,, for backup.... :)
    Since the cost has been relatively low and I hide them in a closet or utility spaces, the WAF is fairly high.

• Sorry, but I chuckled at you trying to get the side panel...

It was so simple, but I never had a computer with a button before!

If set up right, these Lenovo SOHO servers (the TS series) would be great for small business and are awesome for home use. While they're now selling the TS150, starting at $999, the earlier models (TS130 & TS140) are roughly the same item.

5 more servers? 8o (I can't help but wonder how many you had, before buying 5 more.)
    I shouldn't talk. I have 3 servers, you know,, for backup.... :)
    Since the cost has been relatively low and I hide them in a closet or utility spaces, the WAF is fairly high.

Don't tell my wife she doesn't know how many I really have!

• Offizieller Beitrag

It was so simple, but I never had a computer with a button before!

I've opened one up before (I won't claim I didn't look like you at first...lol)... and I was watching and I was thinking.. Hey, push the button... then it seemed like you were gonna give up on it, then you got it.

It was probably funny cuz I'd been there done that at one time.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!