Can't get any dockers to run without privileged mode on ProxMox kernel, please help

• OMV 4.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Can't get any dockers to run without privileged mode on ProxMox kernel, please help

Hi, all. I'm a new OMV user running OMV4 which I installed using the official instructions on top of a clean Debian 9 netinstall. OMV appears to be working fine but I'm having issues getting any dockers to run.

I've installed the OMV-Extras repository and from there installed and enabled the Docker plugin. Just to test I installed the linuxserver/nzbget docker but when I try to run it with default container settings (and host networking) I see the following output in the logs:
      [ERROR] Binding socket failed for 0.0.0.0: ErrNo 13, Permission denied
      Note: when I run this docker plugin in a standard OMV4 I've setup in a VM it works fine with the default settings.

On my server, if I change the docker to "run in privileged mode" the error message goes away and I can connect to nzbget. I'd rather not have to run every docker in privileged mode, so I'd like to know what settings I need to change to be able to run the dockers normally.

Thank you for your help!
    • Did a little troubleshooting and I found that the behavior is different between kernels:
      • Proxmox kernel (4.16) requires docker images to be run in privileged mode to get networking working
      • Standard 4.19 kernel does not require docker images to be run in privileged mode to get networking working
      Does anyone have any idea what's going on here?
    • Users Online 1

1 Guest