Docker + Nextcloud + Mariadb error

• Hi everyone.

I have an OdroidXU4, runing OMV4.0 fresh installed. Updated.

I installed Docker following video tuto.

Then I started the videotuto for Nextcloud.

I followed the instructions, but when I try to connect to mysql database to create user and so on, I get this error:

Code
    root@3b784ea6c5f8:/# mysql -u root -p
    Enter password:
    ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2 "No such file or directory")

I have no idea why this happens.

I can see in my webgui, Docker, that the image for Mariadb is runing, and configured exactly as in the video with my own details.

I need help.

P.S. I also have Plex installed on Docker using the tuto without problems.

• Well I sorted out the problem.

The video ask to get linuserver/mariadb, in case you are using an ARM device, there is another container:

lsioarmhf/mariadb

If you install this one everything should be fine, so no ERROR 2002.

Best regards.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Not really sure what was wrong, but Linuxserver containers, nearly always support x64 and 32/64bit ARM...

The mariaddb is no exception...

https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/mariadb/

The architectures supported by this image are:

x86-64amd64-latest
    arm64arm64v8-latest
    armhfarm32v6-latest
  • I can confirm @joaquinain - had the same issue - using mariadb from linuxserver-docker image brought up the described error, although the linuxserver-docker should support also armhf-architecture. After changing to lsioarmhf-docker version of mariadb, everything went fine.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!