Is there a way to add a panel for notes or shortcuts?

• I would like to have a short memo list that I can add things like notes or maybe just a panel that lets me add shortcuts to various services (localhost:port) for easy access and ease of remembering.

Is there anything like that?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Interesting idea.. but I'm not aware of anything like that. As for the links (localhost:port).. I use browser bookmarks. I'm not a huge fan of bookmarks, but I use them a lot for this. If you have a lot of services running with several different web portals, it can be daunting remembering all of them. I just created a bookmark panel called "webui" and bookmark all my webUI's there. Router management, OMV panel, and about 5-6 services I use.

For notes... I know it sounds caveman, but when I set up my first Freenas server quite a while ago, I took a ton of notes and just used an office document. I named it server notes, and broke it down in sections to make it easy to reference. Then I kept it on my desktop as that is where I did most of my server work. When I moved to a Linux server and then eventually to OMV, I did the same thing. Nowadays, I pretty much know how to set everything up from memory. That said, I still have a folder on my NAS called "Server Solutions" that has most of those files I've created from years back. I don't really use them anymore (many of them I don't even use the OS anymore) but keep them around, never know when I may need to reference something. There are a few tweaks that I like to make though, so I still have a document named "omv tweaks" that I keep in that folder to reference a few things.

Hope that helps.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I saw someone mention that docker the other day and it's on my list of things to try (it might have been you actually)... Honestly had not heard of it till then.

It does seem it would fit the bill for a panel of shortcuts. Would it only take shortcuts to other dockers and not OMV's integrated plugins. I don't see where it has a note taking feature like the OP asked though.

Interesting for sure though.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would like to have a short memo list that I can add things like notes or maybe just a panel that lets me add shortcuts to various services (localhost:port) for easy access and ease of remembering.

Is there anything like that?

Edit: I know this is a little old, but thought maybe you might still get some use out of it...

I was messing with Heimdall today (I'd been meaning to and finally got around to it).. and it made me think of this thread and your question. As @macom already stated, you can add shortcuts to services in Heimdall, as that is what it's really designed to do.

If you're wanting to take notes (ie: to do this, run this command)... I think I found a way will work to your liking, and all you need is a Google account (I'm assuming this works in other browsers, but I tested it in Chrome and am signed in to my Google account)

1. Install and set up the Heimdall docker via Technodad's Youtube video.
    2. Create your shortcuts for services, etc..
    3. Open Google Docs and create a new document... We'll call it "Notes"
    4. Create a Tab in Heimdall, Name it, and for the Link, copy/paste the full URL that is in the URL box while editing your "Notes" file.

When you click the "Notes" link in the Heimdall tab, it will take you right to your Notes document and you can take notes right in your web browser, as you asked. Google Docs auto saves to your Google Drive whenever you make changes, so you won't have to worry about it being saved, etc

The Setup is simple... Name it whatever you want, color background, etc.. even upload an Icon so it flows w/ everything else.
    https://i.imgur.com/55J6asP.png

Then you get this...
    https://i.imgur.com/kO7YJdk.png

Easy peasy.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!