Docker no way to be found new Raspberry install

    • OMV 4.x
    • Docker no way to be found new Raspberry install

      Docker CE repo enabled in repo but no plugin showing in the list, actually the cursor has no effect on the system since there is no confirmation yellow message
      "The configuration has been changed. You must apply the changes in order for them to take effect."
      and this on an on any of the repos
      So how to fix this?
    • Please remember to install the docker-ce package before plugin on the wonderful RPi.
      omv 4.1.22 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.15
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

      Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • ryecoaaron wrote:

      Please remember to install the docker-ce package before plugin on the wonderful RPi.
      This the problem there is no docker plugin in the list .I am going to make an other new install just to be be sure

      UPDATE
      second install
      Same difference no confirmation or error message no docker plugin to be installed.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Nefertiti ().

    • Nefertiti wrote:

      Same difference no confirmation or error message no docker plugin to be installed.
      I really wish RPis would go away...

      Try this as root:
      sed -i "/^.*stretch-backports.*$/d" /etc/apt/sources.list
      omv-changerepo 'Docker CE' enable
      omv-changebackports YES
      apt-get install docker-ce
      omv 4.1.22 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.15
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

      Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • Me too I just want to use it for pihole since it is not functional on my Rockpro 64 but these command did not do it specially the last one, where I answer yes to proceed and it abort!


      ryecoaaron wrote:

      Nefertiti wrote:

      Same difference no confirmation or error message no docker plugin to be installed.
      I really wish RPis would go away...
      Try this as root:
      sed -i "/^.*stretch-backports.*$/d" /etc/apt/sources.list
      omv-changerepo 'Docker CE' enable
      omv-changebackports YES
      apt-get install docker-ce
      Files
      • RAS Docker.zip

        (3.73 kB, downloaded 13 times, last: )
    • Nefertiti wrote:

      Me too I just want to use it for pihole since it is not functional on my Rockpro 64
      I am running pihole on my rockpro64 but it is running Ubuntu 18.

      Nefertiti wrote:

      hese command did not do it specially the last one, where I answer yes to proceed and it abort!
      Your system must not have the right time or something. That is why you are getting the cert error. Make sure to enable ntp. Then try the last command again because you must have hit some other key when specifying yes.
      apt-get -y install docker-ce
      omv 4.1.22 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.15
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

      Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • ryecoaaron wrote:

      I am running pihole on my rockpro64 but it is running Ubuntu 18.
      I guess you picked my curiosity can give me the exact link to run OMV on top of Ubuntu 18 I thought it was debian base what is the difference with ayufan version? can we expect to get one from Votdev, since there is an image for the Rock64 but none for Rockpro64?


      Your system must not have the right time or something. That is why you are getting the cert error. Make sure to enable ntp. Then try the last command again because you must have hit some other key when specifying yes.apt-get -y install docker-ce


      Some progress the time ntp made the plugin appear in the list,t but when i want to install it I got an error: failed to execute
      I did again this time the plug got installed exept I am unable to use it
      got Failed to execute XPath query '/config/services/docker'.
      Images
      • 2019-03-22_205625.jpg

        38.4 kB, 733×198, viewed 15 times
      Files
      • docker2.zip

        (2.69 kB, downloaded 11 times, last: )

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Nefertiti ().

    • Nefertiti wrote:

      Me too I just want to use it for pihole
      If you want to use your RPi only for pihole, why not install pihole directly without docker?
      github.com/pi-hole/pi-hole/#one-step-automated-install

      If you want to use pihole parallel to OMV you just have to change the port for either pihole or OMV as both are using port 80 by default.
      Odroid HC2 - armbian - Seagate ST4000DM004 - OMV4.x
      Asrock Q1900DC-ITX - 16GB - 2x Seagate ST3000VN000 - Intenso SSD 120GB - OMV4.x
      :!: Backup - Solutions to common problems - OMV setup videos - OMV4 Documentation - user guide :!:
    • Nefertiti wrote:

      I did again this time the plug got installed exept I am unable to use it
      got Failed to execute XPath query '/config/services/docker'.
      I keep telling people with RPis not to install the plugin until docker has been installed. That is what my instructions a few posts up do.
      omv 4.1.22 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.15
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

      Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • Nefertiti wrote:

      Me too I just want to use it for pihole since it is not functional on my Rockpro 64
      Pi-hole is among the software package add-on's supported in a Diet-Pi install. After Diet-PI and Pi-hole is installed, Unbound will direct install to the R-PI host. You could use it as a DNS appliance (which is one of the few good uses for an R-PI).

      The post was edited 1 time, last by crashtest ().

    • tkaiser wrote:

      On the OMV image all that's needed to install Pi-Hole directly is calling armbian-config:
      If direct installed to OMV, Pi-hole conflicts with OMV's web console for port 80. Without exclusive access to port 80, pi-hole can't do full page blocks. There are work around's for that, such as opening OMV's console on another port, but that gets into a non-standard OMV install. (The port 80 issue was the reason behind putting pi-hole in a Docker, with a MacVlan interface.)
    • flmaxey wrote:

      such as opening OMV's console on another port, but that gets into a non-standard OMV install
      Since OMV is not needed at all why not disabling it then anyway? systemctl disable openmediavault-engined. And I was just making a bit fun since Pi-Hole is that easy to install (see the link @macom provided above -- it's a one-liner) that I really don't think any 'assistant' is needed for stand-alone installations. And I still don't get why not the real problem is addressed? Why shouldn't Pi-Hole run inside Docker? On a RockPro64 or anything else on this planet running a Debian or Ubuntu?
    • tkaiser wrote:

      Since OMV is not needed at all why not disabling it then anyway?
      Perhaps @Nefertiti may be interesting in doing this.
      ______________________________________________________________________

      tkaiser wrote:

      I really don't think any 'assistant' is needed for stand-alone installations.
      I suppose that would depend on the user's skill level. In any case, this would be a user decision.
      ______________________________________________________________________

      I'm not interested in creating multiple rabbit holes, having a bit of fun, or endless debate over the surrounding minutia.

      There's two problems @Nefertiti appears to be having:
      - Pi-hole doesn't work with the Rock64
      - OMV with Pi-hole-in-Docker doesn't work on the R-PI

      Since all he wants to do is use the R-PI with pi-hole:
      Diet-Pi with pi-hole might be a simple solution, work around, etc., that works for the user.

      Since it's his choice, I think I'll leave it.
    • flmaxey wrote:

      Pi-hole doesn't work with the Rock64
      He's using a RockPro64 instead and of course Pi-Hole works there (since it works on any hardware with Debian). He simply struggled to follow your tutorial to get it running with Docker there.

      flmaxey wrote:

      OMV with Pi-hole-in-Docker doesn't work on the R-PI
      So he's repeating the procedure (getting Pi-Hole running in Docker on OMV) on another hardware which is 100% pointless since he also could try to figure out what went wrong on his other installation (the one running on RockPro64). Creating the impression this type of software would be hardware dependent is insane. It's some scripts and standard Debian packages we're talking here about.
    • flmaxey wrote:

      tkaiser wrote:

      Since OMV is not needed at all why not disabling it then anyway?
      Perhaps @Nefertiti may be interesting in doing this.______________________________________________________________________

      tkaiser wrote:

      I really don't think any 'assistant' is needed for stand-alone installations.
      I suppose that would depend on the user's skill level. In any case, this would be a user decision.______________________________________________________________________

      I'm not interested in creating multiple rabbit holes, having a bit of fun, or endless debate over the surrounding minutia.

      There's two problems @Nefertiti appears to be having:
      - Pi-hole doesn't work with the Rock64
      - OMV with Pi-hole-in-Docker doesn't work on the R-PI

      Since all he wants to do is use the R-PI with pi-hole:
      Diet-Pi with pi-hole might be a simple solution, work around, etc., that works for the user.

      Since it's his choice, I think I'll leave it.

      tkaiser wrote:

      flmaxey wrote:

      Pi-hole doesn't work with the Rock64
      He's using a RockPro64 instead and of course Pi-Hole works there (since it works on any hardware with Debian). He simply struggled to follow your tutorial to get it running with Docker there.

      flmaxey wrote:

      OMV with Pi-hole-in-Docker doesn't work on the R-PI
      So he's repeating the procedure (getting Pi-Hole running in Docker on OMV) on another hardware which is 100% pointless since he also could try to figure out what went wrong on his other installation (the one running on RockPro64). Creating the impression this type of software would be hardware dependent is insane. It's some scripts and standard Debian packages we're talking here about.
      Far fro me to open an other can of worm just sorry to find myself again in the middle of the polemic, I am just saying previously I was following flmaxey guide I had no problem to have it working on raspberry but i was not able to make it work on the Rockpro64 lately the whole OMV crashed and I had to do it again except I got the issue with RPI docker install, so I decided to listen flmaxey , and now I am using dietpi on the RPI for pihole it seems to be idiot proof so for my purpose,it suit me perfectly.

      Nobody said it is hardware dependent I think Ayufan branch may have issue with network by example with my "skill level" it took me a long time how to figure to get a static IP address with it.
      Also if you think flmaxey guide is wrong I would appreciate your guidance in this mater : how to install pihole on the Rockpro64 or on OMV in general .
      And by the way I also tried Thecno dad guide but no joy either.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Nefertiti ().