Can I replace i5-2500t with E3-1220LV2 which does not has processor graphics?

• Hi friends:
    I have installed OMV4.X in a system whose CPU is i5-2500t. But it's a little hot with passive cooling system. So, can I replace it with E3-1220LV2 which does not has processor graphics?
    I have tried once, but failed. I cannot find the IP of OMV in LAN. So is OMV4.X's self test need a processor graphics or other problems?
    I need help, Thanks! :D:D

• Offizieller Beitrag

It shouldn't need a graphics processor... I suspect the BIOS might be halting due to a no video error (usually there is a setting in the bios where you can choose not to halt on error). Assuming you have an internal speaker on the machine, are you getting any beep codes?

Do you have an old graphics card you can temporarily toss in it?

• It shouldn't need a graphics processor... I suspect the BIOS might be halting due to a no video error (usually there is a setting in the bios where you can choose not to halt on error). Assuming you have an internal speaker on the machine, are you getting any beep codes?

Do you have an old graphics card you can temporarily toss in it?

Thank you.
    I see. So, maybe the BIOS halt the boot. The motherboard I used is for industrial control which does not have a pcie slot. It indeed has an internal speaker but the manual has lost.
    Maybe press F1 or some ohter keys could continue the boot。

• Offizieller Beitrag

It's possible... usually when this happens though, you'll get some beep codes... are you getting those? (probably irrelevant if you are since you don't have the manual, but it would mean most likely the machine is halting on error).

What I would do... put the old processor back in, hook up a display, and go through the BIOS and see if you can disable an option to halt on error, or something to that effect. If you can, disable it, shut down, and put the new processor back in and see if it works.

If you have no way of hooking up a video card.. then that's the only thing I can come up with.

• It's possible... usually when this happens though, you'll get some beep codes... are you getting those? (probably irrelevant if you are since you don't have the manual, but it would mean most likely the machine is halting on error).

What I would do... put the old processor back in, hook up a display, and go through the BIOS and see if you can disable an option to halt on error, or something to that effect. If you can, disable it, shut down, and put the new processor back in and see if it works.

If you have no way of hooking up a video card.. then that's the only thing I can come up with.

Yes, I got the beeps, but I do not know the implication without manual. When I use I5-2500T, the whole process of boot only beeps at the end to notice me that It has done.
    I'll follow your suggestion to check the BIOS first. Really helpful suggestions, thanks again!

• It's possible... usually when this happens though, you'll get some beep codes... are you getting those? (probably irrelevant if you are since you don't have the manual, but it would mean most likely the machine is halting on error).

I have checked the BIOS and found nothing can help(settings about not to halt on error). When I replace E3-1220LV2 again and boot the system, the motherboard scream 5 short beeps.
    Maybe this motherboard could not boot with a cpu without integrated graphics.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!