apt command twice in cron?!

• OMV 4.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• apt command twice in cron?!

Hi,
      My OMV 4.x (4.1.20-1) has 2 files to launch daily apt task, /etc/cron.d/cron-apt and /etc/cron.daily/apt-compat . The latter is the file from Debian, but what is the former? Does it come from OMV or is it (more likely) me who made a mistake? Could you have a look into your own server?

Thank you!

Here is my /etc/cron.d/cron-apt:

Source Code

1. #
      2. # Regular cron jobs for the cron-apt package
      3. #
      4. # Every night at 4 o'clock.
      5. 0 4 * * * root test -x /usr/sbin/cron-apt && /usr/sbin/cron-apt
      6. # Every hour.
      7. # 0 * * * * root test -x /usr/sbin/cron-apt && /usr/sbin/cron-apt /etc/cron-apt/config2
      8. # Every five minutes.
      9. # */5 * * * * root test -x /usr/sbin/cron-apt && /usr/sbin/cron-apt /etc/cron-apt/config2
    • Nas-turally wrote:

Does it come from OMV or is it (more likely) me who made a mistake? Could you have a look into your own server?
      This seems to be something you did. OMV creates openmediavault-cron-apt
      omv 4.1.22 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.15
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • Nas-turally wrote:

And openmediavault-cron-apt and apt-compat are not doublon of each other, aren't they?
      No. openmediavault-cron-apt is a bunch of comments and one real line. apt-compat is about 55 lines of code.
      omv 4.1.22 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.15
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • Users Online 1

1 Guest