BorgBackup cron

• Offizieller Beitrag

but how to automate it? What is the command I have to put into crontab?

Have you created an entry on the Archives tab? That will create the task that gets run by the pre-created cron jobs. I guess you could call the scripts in /var/lib/openmediavault/borgbackup if you wanted to add something to a cron job but I don't understand the need.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• You are right. When creating entry on archives tab, any cron job is created, but not visible in OMV GUI.
    Do you know if BorgBackup is working with incremental backups? I've created some entries on archive tab the day before yesterday. On first run, a full backup was created (approx. 360GB). The following night again, a full backup was made (folder has a size of more than 700GB). Also, I cannot find any option for incremental backups in OMV GUI. Do you know if this is possible?

• Offizieller Beitrag

When creating entry on archives tab, any cron job is created, but not visible in OMV GUI.

It doesn't use the OMV scheduled jobs framework. It is just like the rsnapshot plugin.

Do you know if BorgBackup is working with incremental backups? I've created some entries on archive tab the day before yesterday. On first run, a full backup was created (approx. 360GB). The following night again, a full backup was made (folder has a size of more than 700GB). Also, I cannot find any option for incremental backups in OMV GUI. Do you know if this is possible?

technically, it doesn't do incremental backups BUT that is because it deduplicates (and compresses) on the block level. If your data changed and it doesn't deduplicate, you would use a lot of data. Are you seeing the folder size in Original size column of the borg output?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!