Cant access SMB share with admin account but can from user account

• Hello everyone,

I have just put together my first NAS running OMV4. I'm having a problem with the Samba shares.

I have set up several shares
    Media,
    Downloads,
    Appdata
    and my own personal share, lets call it Folder1.

I have set up two users, Docker and Kodi. I have given these users the appropriate folder permissions in the user privileges as well as the shared folder ACL permission. Dockers has permissions for Media, Docker, Appdata and Downloads. Kodi has only access to Media, while admin has access to all shares as this is the account I use.

From my windows10 PC I can see the server appear in the network as NASDrive, when I try and open it to access the shares it asks for the password for admin, correctly typing the password I am denied access. However, if I change the login to user Docker, I can access the Media and Downloads but not the Folder1 as intended. I obviously want to be able to login with the admin account so the I can access all folders but am denied access with the correct password. ?(

I have also tried accessing the server and shared directly via IP and hostname to the same result.

any help would be greatly appreciated, I have spent hours searching the forums and googling to no avail.

• AFAIK, the admin user on OMV is restricted to only being able to use the WebGUI.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!