Rockpro 64 cannot upgrade

• I am getting
    The following packages have unmet dependencies:

Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
    Code included not sure how to fix it?

• Again: updating OMV version on Rockpro64

There is really no reason to copy&paste random stuff from the Internet. If you run a RockPro64 it makes no sense at all to execute sudo apt-get install linux-rock64 -y as you did (this is for Rock64 and as such incompatible). Just use OMV's UI if you're not familiar with the command line. And most probably start again from scratch, this time using latest release version and not trying to ruin the installation by executing weird stuff you found somewhere on the net.

• I'm having a similar issue. My system worked fine until I tried to install docker and then it went south. What I have installed still works ok, I just cannot complete anything that requires an update. It keeps crapping out trying to remove docker-ce. Eventually I just have to hit revert to get the yellow message block to go away.

logs follow:

=================================================================
    HISTORY LOG
    Start-Date: 2019-03-25 12:11:34
    Commandline: apt-get --yes --allow-downgrades --allow-change-held-packages --fix-missing --allow-unauthenticated --reinstall install openmediavault-omvextrasorg
    Install: openmediavault-omvextrasorg:armhf (4.1.15)
    Remove: docker-ce:armhf (5:18.09.3~3-0~debian-stretch)
    Error: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
    End-Date: 2019-03-25 12:11:38

TERM LOG
    Log started: 2019-03-25 12:11:34
    (Reading database ...
    (Reading database ... 5%
    (Reading database ... 10%
    and so on
    (Reading database ... 95%
    (Reading database ... 100%
    (Reading database ... 72904 files and directories currently installed.)
    Removing docker-ce (5:18.09.3~3-0~debian-stretch) ...
    Unrecognized character \xE8; marked by <-- HERE after zP<-- HERE near column 3 at /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/perl/5.24/Cwd.pm line 1.
    Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl/5.24/File/Path.pm line 6.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl/5.24/File/Path.pm line 6.
    Compilation failed in require at /usr/bin/deb-systemd-helper line 85.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/deb-systemd-helper line 85.
    dpkg: error processing package docker-ce (--remove):
    subprocess installed post-removal script returned error exit status 255
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    docker-ce
    Log ended: 2019-03-25 12:11:38

==========================================================

any thoughts?

Kevin

• I'm having a similar issue. My system worked fine until I tried to install docker and then it went south. What I have installed still works ok, I just cannot complete anything that requires an update. It keeps crapping out trying to remove docker-ce. Eventually I just have to hit revert to get the yellow message block to go away.

logs follow:

HISTORY LOG
    Start-Date: 2019-03-25 12:11:34
    Commandline: apt-get --yes --allow-downgrades --allow-change-held-packages --fix-missing --allow-unauthenticated --reinstall install openmediavault-omvextrasorg
    Install: openmediavault-omvextrasorg:armhf (4.1.15)
    Remove: docker-ce:armhf (5:18.09.3~3-0~debian-stretch)
    Error: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
    End-Date: 2019-03-25 12:11:38

TERM LOG
    Log started: 2019-03-25 12:11:34
    (Reading database ...
    (Reading database ... 5%
    (Reading database ... 10%
    and so on
    (Reading database ... 95%
    (Reading database ... 100%
    (Reading database ... 72904 files and directories currently installed.)
    Removing docker-ce (5:18.09.3~3-0~debian-stretch) ...
    Unrecognized character \xE8; marked by <-- HERE after zP<-- HERE near column 3 at /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/perl/5.24/Cwd.pm line 1.
    Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl/5.24/File/Path.pm line 6.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl/5.24/File/Path.pm line 6.
    Compilation failed in require at /usr/bin/deb-systemd-helper line 85.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/deb-systemd-helper line 85.
    dpkg: error processing package docker-ce (--remove):
    subprocess installed post-removal script returned error exit status 255
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    docker-ce
    Log ended: 2019-03-25 12:11:38

==========================================================

any thoughts?

Kevin

• Again: updating OMV version on Rockpro64

There is really no reason to copy&paste random stuff from the Internet. If you run a RockPro64 it makes no sense at all to execute sudo apt-get install linux-rock64 -y as you did (this is for Rock64 and as such incompatible). Just use OMV's UI if you're not familiar with the command line. And most probably start again from scratch, this time using latest release version and not trying to ruin the installation by executing weird stuff you found somewhere on the net.

I am just following the wiki from pine64 http://wiki.pine64.org/index.p…_eMMC_Boot.5D_.5B0.7.9.5D
    1.7 link to the prerelease https://github.com/ayufan-rock64/linux-build/releases/

So what is the exact link for OMV if it not ayufan version since @ https://sourceforge.net/projec…ngle%20Board%20Computers/ there is none?

• An apparently got the last pre-release version 7 now I remember the stable version I started with was very sluggish this why I went to the pre release
    anyway yes I nid the 3 commands to upgrade even the rock64 onesudo apt-get update -y
    sudo apt-get install linux-rock64 -y
    sudo apt-get install linux-rockpro64 -y

I just did it and now I am @
    pre -release 8.)0rc4 the problem why I got the error to upgrade I did not edit properly the nano /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ayufan-rock64.list
    and it does not matter to me to be on a pre-release since I like to live dangerously.

Code
    root@rockpro64:~# sudo apt-get install linux-rockpro64 -y
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    linux-rockpro64 is already the newest version (0.7.14).
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 62 not upgraded.
  • https://github.com/ayufan-rock…-build/releases/tag/0.7.9

these are the stable ones for the rock64 and rockpro64

I FOLLOWED THE RECOMMENDATIONS AND USED THE ARMHF VERSION
    I just decompressed to the iso... and flashed to the emmc chip using balenaEtcher
    worked like a champ, booted right up... ready to rocknroll.
    I did purchase the emmc adapter to usb from rock/pine64 and the emmc card came from them also.

stretch-openmediavault-rock64-0.7.9-1067-arm64.img.xz 290 MB

stretch-openmediavault-rock64-0.7.9-1067-armhf.img.xz 305 MB

stretch-openmediavault-rockpro64-0.7.9-1067-arm64.img.xz 291 MB

STRETCH-OPENMEDIAVAULT-ROCKPRO64-0.7.9-1067-ARMHF.IMG.XZ 303 MB

• Not really since it is indicated as pre - release and be aware tkaiser wont be happy!
    The only one I know it is this one but it did not work for me https://github.com/ayufan-rock…-build/releases/tag/0.7.9

• it does not matter to me to be on a pre-release since I like to live dangerously

Good to know. So while being the opposite of a Linux expert you choose to use software versions that are tagged as for 'experts and developers only' by the creator. These pre-releases are for people trying to help by identifying and nailing down bugs, not for people who barely know what they're doing -- especially on the command line.

Dealing with your 'reports' of stuff failing or 'I remember the stable version I started with was very sluggish this why I went to the pre release' is just a waste of time and not related to OMV at all. Good luck with this attempt!

For anyone else reading this: please don't behave silly and fiddle around on the command line if you don't know what you're doing. Use OMV's UI and there the update tab. If there's no update shown, there's nothing to update.

If you're a RockPro64 user only use ayufan's versions tagged as RELEASE (no pre-release if you're not a developer or experienced tester willing to provide useful feedback to ayufan) and if in doubt ask at the Pine64 forum for device specific stuff which might then end up like this anyway: https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=7020

• Sorry your right about that. As far as the other stuff goes... I wish these so called experts would come down off the mountain once in a blue moon. I have used the command line before... why... because the omv scripts simply didn't work. Right out of the gate with the rock64, it would not set the ip address properly. I'm not blaming anyone... I don't have time or the patience for that... I reserve that for all the liberal dump arse democrats ;). I read forum subject after forum subject... not barking at anyone and figured it out. My intention was not to learn everything about linux, it was to watch videos and tutorials and such. But alas such is the life of linux.... you are expected to be an expert and if not.. too bad for you.

I must say though that I really love the little rock64. That thing just hums along. I use two WD network drives, I guess you call them personal NAS. Use remote mount and don't even bother using smb at all. Works like a champ. I have about 5000 videos, 10k songs, run plex and sit on my 30.00 cheap arse RCA tablet and chromecast to my tv. I don't have cable. Thats what live youtube is for ;)

• Right out of the gate with the rock64, it would not set the ip address properly

And I still have not the slightest idea why people are doing this. There is no need to fiddle around with 'static IP addresses' configured the manual way. DHCP works, DNS works. Since decades.

If you power on your OMV box it gets an address by the local DHCP server and usually is accessible by its name. Does one of the following work for you from another machine on the network:

Code
    ping rock64
    ping rock64.local
  • I use static because I set my DHCP on the router to zero clients which makes it effectively static. I then limit access using MAC addys. Very easy to setup on the router. It's all on one line per device. I don't need to remember silly host names. I can just use ip's. Sounds bass ackwards but guess what... I don't have to pray that winblows doesn't have issues with host names, I just use the ip. I do alot of crazy stuff on my host pc's. I use NTLite alot and am always testing how lean I can get winblows. I use virtualbox alot and vagrant and don't wish to poke around looking for what IP it is... I already know. Sure I could reserve an ip... why bother... one less thing to worry about.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!