Sync storage from omv to google drive (or other cloud)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Sync storage from omv to google drive (or other cloud)

Hi all,

I recently installed omv and configured it so that it receives backups from different pcs on a scheduled base.
      Now I want to install A programm like insync or grive to Backup these backups from omv to google drive ( or other cloud storage )
      But insync doesn't seem to run on a headless system and grive needs at least debian jessie .

Has anybody got grive or insync running on omv , or has an other solution?
    • Re: Sync storage from omv to google drive (or other cloud)

"jackren" wrote:

Hi all,

I recently installed omv and configured it so that it receives backups from different pcs on a scheduled base.
      Now I want to install A programm like insync or grive to Backup these backups from omv to google drive ( or other cloud storage )
      But insync doesn't seem to run on a headless system

support.insynchq.com/forums/di…/insync-for-linux-beta/p1 "As a desktop app, running "insync" in a terminal runs the main application.

As a command line / server app, running "insync-headless" is faster and will not display the system tray applet, context menu or update badges (file emblems)."

"jackren" wrote:

and grive needs at least debian jessie .

Well, I don't see which version of debian is needed for it, but I highly doubt it is for Jessie only. Here are the deb files: lbreda.com/grive/download you may try to run them on a virtual machine first!

"jackren" wrote:

Has anybody got grive or insync running on omv , or has an other solution?

Nope, but maybe my Links help you anyway.

Greetings
      David
      "Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
      #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
      Absolutely no Support via PM!

I host parts of the omv-extras.org Repository, the OpenMediaVault Live Demo and the pre-built PXE Images. If you want you can take part and help covering the costs by having a look at my profile page.

Hi David ,

when you search for grive in debian archive, you see it listed for jessie and sid , I tried installing it anyway but the versions of the depencies were all lower than required.

Also tried installing insync ( I already saw your link, so I thought with the "insync-headless" it should work , bur installing stop with error, and package as programmed not to report details.

OMV 0.6 will be based off Wheezy. Don't ask for any ETA. "It's done when its done."

Greetings
      David
      "Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
      #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
      Absolutely no Support via PM!

I host parts of the omv-extras.org Repository, the OpenMediaVault Live Demo and the pre-built PXE Images. If you want you can take part and help covering the costs by having a look at my profile page.

I saw on forum that there are test-builds of omv 0.6 available,
      What would be the right procedure to upgrade my system to omv 0.6?

ps , I know that it's not ready for production servers, but if I would want to take the risk.

Source Code

1. mkdir -p /srv/ftp
      2. omv-release-upgrade

If this does not work or you get any error message, please create another thread cause this is not the right topic for that. :)
      OMV stoneburner | HP Microserver | 256GB Samsung 830 SSD for system | 4x 2TB in a RAID5
      OMV erasmus| Odroid XU4 | 5TB Data drive | 500GB Backup drive

Assuming you have omv-extras installed and use omv-release-upgrade, you don't need to. The upgrade script does it for you.
      omv 4.0.19 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.14 backports kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.2
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers

Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

@ aaron, afaik the omv-release-upgrade command comes with your omv-extras plugin..? If yes, couldn´t you implement the mkdir command?
      OMV stoneburner | HP Microserver | 256GB Samsung 830 SSD for system | 4x 2TB in a RAID5
      OMV erasmus| Odroid XU4 | 5TB Data drive | 500GB Backup drive

The omv-release-upgrade comes with omv 0.5.48+. I add a pre-release upgrade script.

The change is in openmediavault-omvextrasorg 0.6.22.1 which is in the repo.
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers

"ryecoaaron" wrote:

Assuming you have omv-extras installed and use omv-release-upgrade, you don't need to. The upgrade script does it for you.

Thanks , upgrade to OMV 0.6 succeeded :D

Got insync-headless installed and backupfolder is now syncing to google drive.

Update, not dirs under backup folder were synced to google drive, I thought it was a file permission issue , so I thought I chown folder to root.

I did a ; chown -R root:root /* in the backup folder.

I think this was wrong and now whole sytem has been set to root:root :?

Can I undo this??

Any time you lead with a slash, it will be the root directory no matter what directory you are presently in. You changed the entire system to root:root ownership. There is no easy way to fix it. There are a lot of files that need openmediavault:openmediavault ownership. You should've chown -R root:root * while in the backup folder.

The first thing I would do would be:

apt-get install --reinstall openmediavault

There will probably be other files with wrong permissions though. If it were me, I would reinstall...

"ryecoaaron" wrote:

Any time you lead with a slash, it will be the root directory no matter what directory you are presently in. You changed the entire system to root:root ownership. There is no easy way to fix it. There are a lot of files that need openmediavault:openmediavault ownership. You should've chown -R root:root * while in the backup folder.

The first thing I would do would be:

apt-get install --reinstall openmediavault

There will probably be other files with wrong permissions though. If it were me, I would reinstall...

Is there an easy way I could backup current setup and config files before reinstall ( LVM, NFS, minidlna, plex etc..)