ISCSI Target Error

• Hi
    I tried to run ISCSI Target but after I config it and then apply the settings it shows me an error, I was googling it but couldn't find much...
    could anybody help me?

"Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; monit monitor iscsitarget 2>&1': monit: action failed -- There is no service by that name"

I use 0.5.9 version and It is updated.

• Hi
    I found a silly way to solve the problem but it's definitely a bug and should be solved with its developers.
    lets start :
    1. Install the iscsitarget.
    2. Enable and apply configuration changes. (in this step you will see the "Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; monit monitor iscsitarget 2>&1': monit: action failed -- There is no service by that name" error.)
    3. Restart iscsitarget service in CLI (/etc/init.d/iscsitarget restart)
    4. Update your OpenMediaVault from Update Manager page.
    5. Now you can start iscsitarget service without error.

• Thank you for the detailed info on the problem. It will help us to be able to correct it.

• Same problem, I attach also detail (stacktrace) of error from web:

• I can confirm that this issue exists on the latest OMV 0.5.14.

Steps to reproduce from a clean installation

• Install the openmediavault-iscsitarget 0.5.3 plugin
    • Enable the plugin on its settings tab
    • Save and apply the configuration

The error received:

Patch removed as a better one was created by votdev

• running 0.5.14 standard upgrade from the latest 0.4 and get the same problem about iscsi, namely when i try to access the plugins page in the webgui

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; apt-get --simulate --reinstall install openmediavault-iscsitarget 2>&1': Reading package lists... Building dependency tree... Reading state information... Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable distribution that some required packages have not yet been created or been moved out of Incoming. The following information may help to resolve the situation: The following packages have unmet dependencies: openmediavault-iscsitarget : Depends: iscsitarget-module E : Broken packages

I've tried to install iscsi or force remove it but it doesnt want to know.

also trying to do the above "patch" but falling at first hurdle with the build essentials

any ideas? i'm not sure if this problem is exactly the same as the one in this thread

• I think this is a different issue to the one this thread is about so It might be a good idea to raise a new one.
    It looks as if your are unable to install the iscstitarget plugin at all; this thread is about not being able to enable it.

Also, please don't use my patch as there is a much better one coming from votdev which is far more comprehensive than my quick hack :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!