Not Connecting to Network After Reboot, No IP - Odroid HC2

• Hi All,
    I have a HC2 that I've been using for a couple months and things were working fine until a few weeks ago when it stopped connecting to my network. I do not see it in my router's list of connected devices or in the LanScan app. I have a backup of my sd card image with all my settings configured that i have restored from previously when I encountered problems but even with a fresh image it does not connect to the network.

If I download a fresh omv hc2 image from sourceforge it connects right away (https://sourceforge.net/projec…ngle%20Board%20Computers/) . I wait a couple mins for it to complete the initial setup/reboot and then start reconfiguring things to mimic my previous setup but as soon as I reboot with my new configuration the device fails to re-connect on the network. I have tried a couple times, scaling back what do in the web gui before rebooting. It seems like I can create my users and change the admin PW for the web gui and it is still able to reboot/reconnect but once i mount my data drive and create shared folders it never finds the network after reboot.

Any advice?

• I've re-imaged the SD card with OMV several times now trying to pin down the point at which the network connection fails. It appears to be related to mounting of the data drive. I can successfully mount the data drive through the gui but if OMV is rebooted anytime after the data drive is mounted it fails to reconnect to the network.

• The power issue sounded interesting...
    I've been using a 12V 2.5A supply, which is the largest barrel jack 12V supply I have and above the 2A spec that the HC2 product info recommends. I did try to remove the 3.5" drive before booting up the configured omv system to reduce the power load on startup but it still behaves the same.

The other thing that makes me suspect it isn't a power issue is that when I do a fresh install of omv (with 3.5" drive installed) it boots up and connects to the network quickly/reliably every time.

At this point I think I'm going to switch over to an R Pi system since the HC2 just doesn't seem to cooperate for me.

• The power issue sounded interesting...
    I've been using a 12V 2.5A supply, which is the largest barrel jack 12V supply I have and above the 2A spec that the HC2 product info recommends. I did try to remove the 3.5" drive before booting up the configured omv system to reduce the power load on startup but it still behaves the same.

The other thing that makes me suspect it isn't a power issue is that when I do a fresh install of omv (with 3.5" drive installed) it boots up and connects to the network quickly/reliably every time.

At this point I think I'm going to switch over to an R Pi system since the HC2 just doesn't seem to cooperate for me.

Well, maybe I spoke too soon! I tried it one more time with the drive removed and now it boots and connects to the network. So looks like the power supply could indeed be the issue. I'll get a better one ordered up and see how it does. Thanks guys!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!