No disks showed up in file system and RAID

• I have installed openmediavault on RaspberryPi3 and it is all ok. The only one thing that doesn't work is the showing up of disks in file system and RAID. I see devices in DISKS but when I tray to make (on them) new file system the window-menu doesn't show disks (there isn't anythink)! Same thing if I tray to manage RAID (also in this case in the window-menu there isn't anythink). I am using two 2,5 hdd connected to the raspberry via USB and externally powered. Is there a solution for this problem :cursing: ? Stefano.

• Is there a solution for this problem

Yes, throw the RPi in the bin, get a host with real SATA ports and connect the HDDs to these SATA ports after you pulled them out of their enclosures.

Playing RAID is almost always wrong and doing this with USB storage is outright insane. That's why USB connected disks won't show up in the RAID UI to prevent users from building arrays that will fail anyway.

• USB devices are not supported for Raid in the OMV WebUI. See this post: Issues with WD 8TB Red HD

You have to configure it manually or follow the advice of @tkaiser

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Yes, throw the RPi in the bin, get a host with real SATA ports and connect the HDDs to these SATA ports after you pulled them out of their enclosures.
    Playing RAID is almost always wrong and doing this with USB storage is outright insane. That's why USB connected disks won't show up in the RAID UI to prevent users from building arrays that will fail anyway.

So, If I have well-understand, to use a raspberry I can buy a pi sata controller to solve the problem. Is it correct?

• to use a raspberry I can buy a pi sata controller to solve the problem. Is it correct?

No. The Raspberry Pi is simply the definition of 'worst storage/NAS setup possible' since only equipped with one quirky USB2 host connector. Everything is USB here. You need to replace this unreliable piece of hardware to get in a position where RAID starts to make some sense (and even then usually it doesn't make any sense in home/SOHO installations).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!