Emby will not update

• this is the error when emby tries to update.

No such device or address
    at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
    at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
    at MediaBrowser.Common.Updates.GithubUpdater.CheckForUpdateResult(String organzation, String repository, Version minVersion, PackageVersionClass updateLevel, String assetFilename, String packageName, String targetFilename, TimeSpan cacheLength, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    at Emby.Server.Implementations.ApplicationHost.CheckForApplicationUpdate(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
    at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.SystemUpdateTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
    at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)

• Offizieller Beitrag

this is the error when emby tries to update.

???? What does this have to do with OMV? and why have you asked your question in this particular section? + we don't use a crystal ball what you have posted means nothing. BTW I use Emby as my media server.

• because I thought it was a plugin and I am a beginner with this stuff. I have envy running in omv that's what it has to do with it not trying to be a smartass but it is what it is. Lol for what it's worth I like the omv system so far

• Offizieller Beitrag

what is watch tower? How do I get it and use it.

This is the link if you install it add --cleanup to the Command box this will remove the previous version of any updated dockers. Are you running Pi-Hole in a docker at all?

• says its updated but the emby software just lost my hd homerun and will not load the guide. worked perfect before today. i just put emby back on my windows machine and it is working good.

• Offizieller Beitrag

no idea what pi hole is. Sorry

Then don't worry about it.

says its updated but the emby software just lost my hd homerun and will not load the guide.

Check out @TechnoDadLife Emby video, I did and I'm glad I did as the Emby set up had changed, previously you could point Emby to your Samba shares now you have to create mount points within the Emby docker setup. I only found this out because I had completely removed docker and reinstalled and couldn't get Emby to find SMB shares.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm assuming the fix for this has been released. I don't use Emby and haven't really followed up on the matter, but just be aware.

Just had a look at that, something I don't use is Emby's scraper, nor do I mess around with the metadata option, I use MCM and tell Emby to use the generated nfo file. But the interesting part is the way a refresh has deleted the whole of the movie collection, for me I do as much as I can outside of Emby, I might change the odd image/poster but that's it.
    Feel sorry for the guy considering he's a 'paid up member'

Well there you go, thanks for the link, just checked my own server and collections no longer works using the plugin as a separate library!!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just had a look at that, something I don't use is Emby's scraper, nor do I mess around with the metadata option, I use MCM and tell Emby to use the generated nfo file. But the interesting part is the way a refresh has deleted the whole of the movie collection, for me I do as much as I can outside of Emby, I might change the odd image/poster but that's it.Feel sorry for the guy considering he's a 'paid up member'

Well there you go, thanks for the link, just checked my own server and collections no longer works using the plugin as a separate library!!

Provides some affirmation of your signature as well.

It amazes me the people that don't get it though.

• Offizieller Beitrag

he server version was 4.2 on my omv and on my windows machine it is 4.3.

Not sure how your OMV version was 4.2 because the newest Linux version I can find on emby's site, their github, or docker page is 4.1.x. It doesn't look like the Windows and Linux versions always match.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!