Login problem

• Hello all

I am having an issue with web login, which"suddenly" appeared (i.e.: it all worked as normal until yesterday)

When I try to log into OMV from the web ui the systemreacts with a 504 Nginx error, or another not better specified"communication error".

It is NOT an authentication problem: if I pursposedlytype a wrong password, the UI immediately reacts saying "badpassword" in red on top.

OMV is working OK for most of the rest, SSHworks, shares are up, containers are up, etc etc

One of the dockers is a Pihole, which has anywayworked OK until yesterday anyway.

I searched the forums for similar problems and Ifound older cases where the issue was mainly about a full filesystemsomeplace (root or log etc).
    I checked on my machine - nothing like that isgoing on, everything is on very low % usages.
    The only oddity in one of the outputs is the following one:

Code
    sudo du -hsx /* | sort -rh | head -10

gets:

Also, as said above, most of the internal activities are going on as normal EXCEPT two rsync jobs.

Both worked ok until recently, they are correctly versed (= they are indeed configured to send data from A to B as intended, not the other way around improperly filling the source filesystems instead)

What I get from the email notices after their execution is:

Code
    @ERROR: chroot failed
    rsync error: error starting client-server protocol (code 5) at main.c(1666) [sender=3.1.2]

for both jobs. It's two PUSH jobs from OMV to a local rsync daemon which, I checked, is properly up and running.

Lastly, I already tried to reboot a couple of times to no avail.

Anyone can suggest some steps I could take, other than reinstalling everything ofc

Thanks in advance

Alberto

• FWIW, today I tried to login twice.
    Here is what I found inside nginx log

Code
    2019/04/04 08:26:23 [error] 1808#1808: *2944 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 10.10.0.35, server: openmediavault-webgui, request: "POST /rpc.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php-fpm-openmediavault-webgui.sock", host: "10.10.0.234:50080", referrer: "http://10.10.0.234:50080/"

(two nearly identical lines one for each attempt ofc)

• Important update:

I just came back home and

1) web login from my home pc, connected to the same internal LAN as OMV, works a charm (!)
    2) web login from my android tablet, same internal network as the above pc, does NOT work - BUT, this is a known issue with Android afaik. Correct ?
    3) web login does NOT work only when I connect from the outside, that is, via my vpn

VPN details:
    - L2TP IPSEC profile configured on my EdgeRouter X SFP
    - IP connection to any other internal machine / service etc works perfetcly, only OMV GUI times ngnix out
    - Until at least 2-3 days ago (can't recall exatcly) omv web gui login used to work OK even when vpn-connecting from the outside

Any idea where to look for a clue ?

• After quite some head-banging, I re-created a new omv SD (on a brand new A1-grade micro sdc).

Which ofc granted me
    - clean system image
    - no omv-plugins
    - instant restore of all containers operations (as Docker Folder was properly mapped onto the HD, not on the SD.

Problem gone for now. Even when logging from Android clients.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!