Can't access Webgui

• Everything else is working - transmission, plex, pi blocker, can access server via ssh, has been working fine for months. but when I try to access webgui, I'm told

Unable to connect
    Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 192.168.0.8.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

I've used omv-firstaid, have tried restoring configuration which hasn't made a difference, but when trying to configure web control panel, when I press enter for port 80, I get the following error

Updating web control panel settings. Please wait ...
    ERROR: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; nginx -t 2>&1' with exit code '1': nginx: [alert] could not open error log file: open() "/var/log/nginx/error.log" failed (2: No such file or directory)
    nginx: the configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf syntax is ok
    2019/04/05 16:03:45 [emerg] 21673#21673: open() "/var/log/nginx/access.log" failed (2: No such file or directory)
    nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed
    root@openmediavault:/#

Anyone know what I can do to repair it?

• Thanks for your response votdev.

No, I don't believe I'm using tmpfs, I'm not really sure what it is, like a ramdisk? I have a system hard disk, an appdata hard disk, and my media disk, but I'm not to my knowledge using a virtual disk

• That is exactly what I expected.
    You can create it via
     mkdir -p /var/log/nginx
    It will be owned by root than, so you need to change the owner to the nginx user, which I am not sure how it is named right now. Maybe something like www-data or nginx. If it would be www-data you can change the owner like this, just replace www-data if the user is named differently
    chown -R www-data:www-data /var/log/nginx
    To find out how it is named you can look into /etc/group or the nginx systemd file.
    The problem is, that the nginx user cannot the create the /var/log/nginx folder as it propably has no writing permission in /var/log. If he cannot create the folder he also cant create the logfile, that's at least on of the reasons he does not start.
    edit: corrected chmod to chown for future readers

• getname(), many thanks for your help. Having found the nginx config file nginx.conf in the etc/nginx folder, the file says that www-data is the user as you correctly predicted above, when I am applying "chmod -R www-data:www-data /var/log/nginx" as you advise, I get the following error -

chmod: invalid mode: ‘www-data:www-data’

Apologies if I've made a stupid mistake, my linux knowledge isn't great!!!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!