FAIL : BEYIMEI 88SE9215 Carte contrôleur 4 Ports PCI-Express vers SATA 3.0 6G Marvell 88SE9215

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• FAIL : BEYIMEI 88SE9215 Carte contrôleur 4 Ports PCI-Express vers SATA 3.0 6G Marvell 88SE9215

hello, I just set up a config with:

- Asus premium A320m-k - Athlon 200Ge

- 8GB Gskill The 8 GB DDR4 2666 MHz pG.Skill Value memory module

- Memory Modules (8 GB, 1 x 8 GB, DDR4, 2666 MHz, 288 pin DIMM) -BEYIMEI 88SE9215 PCI-Express Card 4 Port to SATA 3.0 6G Marvell 88SE9215 Black

My problem is that my PCI card is not recognized by OMV.

I can see my hard drive plugged in while booting the bios but no hard drive in openmediavault

Do you have an idea of the problem?

an incompatible PCI card?

I just want to point out that I have another Dell Optiplex 330 dual core PC and I installed OMV with this PCI card and it worked well, so I do not understand why it does not work ...

thank you in advance for your help
    • Just the usual advice: basic troubleshooting. Check dmesg output after boot whether there's something reported about (problems with) your card and use lspci and/or lshw to get an idea whether the card is detected. Please note that I've no idea whether such basic tools like lspci and lshw are installed by default on a x86 OMV installation (you might install them using apt-get install first).
    • tkaiser wrote:

Just the usual advice: basic troubleshooting. Check dmesg output after boot whether there's something reported about (problems with) your card and use lspci and/or lshw to get an idea whether the card is detected. Please note that I've no idea whether such basic tools like lspci and lshw are installed by default on a x86 OMV installation (you might install them using apt-get install first).
      I think if you install from the OMV ISO, they are installed... but I've not used the OMV ISO in a while. Usually not installed w/ the Debian netinst.iso if you do the recommended minimal install.

apt-get install pciutils (lspci)
      apt-get install lshw (lshw.. not surprisingly)
      Air Conditioners are a lot like PC's... They work great until you open Windows.

• retour après les tests (désolé j'ai oublié de prévenir que j'étais français et j'utilise un traducteur google alors dites-moi si vous ne comprenez pas)

Premier problème résolu, IUMMO est activé dans mon bios et après la désactivation, plus aucun message d'erreur AMD-VI concernant ma carte PCI SATA

J'ai trouvé mon problème mais je ne vois pas comment le résoudre. En fait, mon problème vient de la mise à jour que j'ai faite via omv-update. Après la mise à jour d'un problème avec le firmware du GPU (j'ai un athlon 200GE)

voici le rapport de dmesg:

[15.108840] EDAC amd64: nœud 0: mémoire tampon DRC ECC désactivée.

[15.108842] EDAC amd64: ECC désactivé dans le BIOS ou aucune capacité ECC, le module ne sera pas chargé.

Activez la vérification ECC ou forcez le chargement du module en définissant 'ecc_enable_override'.

(Notez que l'utilisation de la substitution peut entraîner des effets secondaires inconnus.)

[15.171789] amdgpu 0000: 07: 00.0: firmware: échec du chargement d'amdgpu / raven_gpu_info.bin (-2)

[15.171979] firmware_class: Voir wiki.debian.org/Firmware pour plus d'informations sur les microprogrammes manquants.

[15.172184] amdgpu 0000: 07: 00.0: Le chargement direct du micrologiciel pour amdgpu / raven_gpu_info.bin a échoué avec une erreur -2

[15.172188] amdgpu 0000: 07: 00.0: Impossible de charger le firmware gpu_info "amdgpu / raven_gpu_info.bin"

[15.172372] amdgpu 0000: 07: 00.0: Erreur fatale lors de l'initialisation du GPU

[15.172548] [drm] amdgpu: appareil de finition.

[15.172949] amdgpu: les sondes de 0000: 07: 00.0 ont échoué avec l'erreur -2

la première erreur de redémarrage (première mise à jour) mais omv est quand même lancé

la seconde après la seconde mise à jour, il est écran noir et plantes omv

au démarrage, j'ai le choix entre deux versions de debian 4.1.21-1, contre la mise à jour, il plante c'est la version 4.19.0.0

Si vous avez une idée, je suis intéressé
    • Sorry for the message before I can not retrieve my password to reissue it in English, so I created another account ...

back after the tests (sorry I forgot to warn that I was french and I use a google translator so tell me if you do not understand)

First problem solved, IUMMO is enabled in my bios and after disabling, no more AMD-VI error message regarding SATA PCI card

I found my problem but I do not see how to solve it. In fact, my problem comes from the update I made via omv-update. After updating a problem firmware with the GPU of (I have an athlon 200GE)

Here is the dmesg report:

[15,108840] EDAC amd64: 0 Node: RDC ECC Memory Buffer Disabled.

[15.108842] EDAC amd64: ECC disabled in the BIOS or no ECC capability, the module will not be loaded.

Enable ECC checking or force the module by setting 'ecc_enable_override'.

(Note that you may notice the substitution of the training agent for the Unknown Effects.)

[15,171789] amdgpu 0000: 07: 00.0: firmware: failure to load amdgpu / raven_gpu_info.bin (-2)

[15,171979] firmware_class: See wiki .debian.org / Firmware for more information on missing firmware.

[15.172184] amdgpu 0000: 07: 00.0: Direct firmware upload for amdgpu / raven_gpu_info.bin failed with -2 error

[15.172188] amdgpu 0000: 07: 00.0: Could not load firmware gpu_info "amdgpu / raven_gpu_info" "

[15.172372] amdgpu 0000: 07: 00.0: Fatal error during the

[15.172548] [drm] amdgpu: finishing device.

[15.172949] amps: probes of 0000: 07: 00.0 failed with error -2

the first restart error (one-to-time) but there is even one time

the second is finished black and plants omv

at startup, I have the choice between the two versions of debian 4.1.21-1, it is version 4.19.0.0,

I tried again with version 4.1.21-1, it seems to work well.

I do not understand in the error message it seems that we talk about raven gpu. Me with my amd 200Ge I have a:
      Graphics processor model
      Radeon ™ Vega 3 Graphics

maybe the problem comes from the? no ?

if you have an idea, I'm interested
    • export LANG=C
      will set temporary english output in the console you are logged in.

You may want to check if the firmware package is installed. If I recall correctly, the free part should be fine in this case:
      apt-get install firmware-linux-free

You may add the nonfree repos and also install firmware-linux-nonfree, but amdgpu should be working with the free one.
      I dont know why you should install any graphical environment where amdgpu is necessary on a nas, but if you do, you might want to install
      apt-get install xserver-xorg-video-amdgpu

ECC is not available as you use non ecc udimm memory.