FAIL : BEYIMEI 88SE9215 Carte contrôleur 4 Ports PCI-Express vers SATA 3.0 6G Marvell 88SE9215

• hello, I just set up a config with:

- Asus premium A320m-k - Athlon 200Ge

- 8GB Gskill The 8 GB DDR4 2666 MHz pG.Skill Value memory module

- Memory Modules (8 GB, 1 x 8 GB, DDR4, 2666 MHz, 288 pin DIMM) -BEYIMEI 88SE9215 PCI-Express Card 4 Port to SATA 3.0 6G Marvell 88SE9215 Black

My problem is that my PCI card is not recognized by OMV.

I can see my hard drive plugged in while booting the bios but no hard drive in openmediavault

Do you have an idea of the problem?

an incompatible PCI card?

I just want to point out that I have another Dell Optiplex 330 dual core PC and I installed OMV with this PCI card and it worked well, so I do not understand why it does not work ...

thank you in advance for your help

• Just the usual advice: basic troubleshooting. Check dmesg output after boot whether there's something reported about (problems with) your card and use lspci and/or lshw to get an idea whether the card is detected. Please note that I've no idea whether such basic tools like lspci and lshw are installed by default on a x86 OMV installation (you might install them using apt-get install first).

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just the usual advice: basic troubleshooting. Check dmesg output after boot whether there's something reported about (problems with) your card and use lspci and/or lshw to get an idea whether the card is detected. Please note that I've no idea whether such basic tools like lspci and lshw are installed by default on a x86 OMV installation (you might install them using apt-get install first).

I think if you install from the OMV ISO, they are installed... but I've not used the OMV ISO in a while. Usually not installed w/ the Debian netinst.iso if you do the recommended minimal install.

apt-get install pciutils (lspci)
    apt-get install lshw (lshw.. not surprisingly)

• I tried to change some settings of the card. can not be shut off via OMV or the power button. Nothing else works OMV does not run anymore ... I'll be back tomorrow with your instructions thank you for your help

• retour après les tests (désolé j'ai oublié de prévenir que j'étais français et j'utilise un traducteur google alors dites-moi si vous ne comprenez pas)

Premier problème résolu, IUMMO est activé dans mon bios et après la désactivation, plus aucun message d'erreur AMD-VI concernant ma carte PCI SATA

J'ai trouvé mon problème mais je ne vois pas comment le résoudre. En fait, mon problème vient de la mise à jour que j'ai faite via omv-update. Après la mise à jour d'un problème avec le firmware du GPU (j'ai un athlon 200GE)

voici le rapport de dmesg:

[15.108840] EDAC amd64: nœud 0: mémoire tampon DRC ECC désactivée.

[15.108842] EDAC amd64: ECC désactivé dans le BIOS ou aucune capacité ECC, le module ne sera pas chargé.

Activez la vérification ECC ou forcez le chargement du module en définissant 'ecc_enable_override'.

(Notez que l'utilisation de la substitution peut entraîner des effets secondaires inconnus.)

[15.171789] amdgpu 0000: 07: 00.0: firmware: échec du chargement d'amdgpu / raven_gpu_info.bin (-2)

[15.171979] firmware_class: Voir https://wiki.debian.org/Firmware pour plus d'informations sur les microprogrammes manquants.

[15.172184] amdgpu 0000: 07: 00.0: Le chargement direct du micrologiciel pour amdgpu / raven_gpu_info.bin a échoué avec une erreur -2

[15.172188] amdgpu 0000: 07: 00.0: Impossible de charger le firmware gpu_info "amdgpu / raven_gpu_info.bin"

[15.172372] amdgpu 0000: 07: 00.0: Erreur fatale lors de l'initialisation du GPU

[15.172548] [drm] amdgpu: appareil de finition.

[15.172949] amdgpu: les sondes de 0000: 07: 00.0 ont échoué avec l'erreur -2

la première erreur de redémarrage (première mise à jour) mais omv est quand même lancé

la seconde après la seconde mise à jour, il est écran noir et plantes omv

au démarrage, j'ai le choix entre deux versions de debian 4.1.21-1, contre la mise à jour, il plante c'est la version 4.19.0.0

Si vous avez une idée, je suis intéressé

• Sorry for the message before I can not retrieve my password to reissue it in English, so I created another account ...

back after the tests (sorry I forgot to warn that I was french and I use a google translator so tell me if you do not understand)

First problem solved, IUMMO is enabled in my bios and after disabling, no more AMD-VI error message regarding SATA PCI card

I found my problem but I do not see how to solve it. In fact, my problem comes from the update I made via omv-update. After updating a problem firmware with the GPU of (I have an athlon 200GE)

Here is the dmesg report:

[15,108840] EDAC amd64: 0 Node: RDC ECC Memory Buffer Disabled.

[15.108842] EDAC amd64: ECC disabled in the BIOS or no ECC capability, the module will not be loaded.

Enable ECC checking or force the module by setting 'ecc_enable_override'.

(Note that you may notice the substitution of the training agent for the Unknown Effects.)

[15,171789] amdgpu 0000: 07: 00.0: firmware: failure to load amdgpu / raven_gpu_info.bin (-2)

[15,171979] firmware_class: See wiki .debian.org / Firmware for more information on missing firmware.

[15.172184] amdgpu 0000: 07: 00.0: Direct firmware upload for amdgpu / raven_gpu_info.bin failed with -2 error

[15.172188] amdgpu 0000: 07: 00.0: Could not load firmware gpu_info "amdgpu / raven_gpu_info" "

[15.172372] amdgpu 0000: 07: 00.0: Fatal error during the

[15.172548] [drm] amdgpu: finishing device.

[15.172949] amps: probes of 0000: 07: 00.0 failed with error -2

the first restart error (one-to-time) but there is even one time

the second is finished black and plants omv

at startup, I have the choice between the two versions of debian 4.1.21-1, it is version 4.19.0.0,

I tried again with version 4.1.21-1, it seems to work well.

I do not understand in the error message it seems that we talk about raven gpu. Me with my amd 200Ge I have a:
    Graphics processor model
    Radeon ™ Vega 3 Graphics

maybe the problem comes from the? no ?

if you have an idea, I'm interested

• export LANG=C
    will set temporary english output in the console you are logged in.

You may want to check if the firmware package is installed. If I recall correctly, the free part should be fine in this case:
    apt-get install firmware-linux-free

You may add the nonfree repos and also install firmware-linux-nonfree, but amdgpu should be working with the free one.
    I dont know why you should install any graphical environment where amdgpu is necessary on a nas, but if you do, you might want to install
    apt-get install xserver-xorg-video-amdgpu

ECC is not available as you use non ecc udimm memory.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!