I've jumped on this boat as well

• Hello all,

in the last few weeks I decided to browse a bit about the DIY Nas state-of-the-art and found OMV as the best route to take. I'm the kind of person that prefers to build myself instead of purchase out-of-the-box, when possible. Recently I've hacked my coffee machine just to have my coffee be made asking to Alexa, just to say... :)

I think to have started my journey with OMV in the easy way, a RPI 3 and an external 8TB WD USB 3 Disk. The same day I've ordered a 4GB Rock64 with one USB 3.0 port and actually I'm playing a bit with it, following the great instructional videos of Techno Dad Life and searching additional infos here in the forum. With a wired connection I currently see around 400 mbps in writing and 600 mbps in reading, this after an upgrade to my home network with a GB switch with the LAG option included, one day I'll move to something more complete...

My plan is to have a local storage for the huge raw files coming from my camera, organised and part of the post processing workflow. Remote access actually is not a top priority. Just started to explore OMV and its ecosystem, but I see a bright future.

Here is my Rock64 on top of the WD storage, just for the photo...

• Offizieller Beitrag

Looks good! Just make sure you have a second back of your files if they are important to you.

I love my Rock64 and originally bought it as a remote backup, before I repurposed it (have an HC2 for that now, which is awesome)...

That said, what TechnoDadLife said cannot be quoted enough due to it's importance.

• Agreed at all with you guys!

I'm currently waiting for an upgrade of my Internet connection, now with some crappy ADSL+ and soon a mixed fiber-copper should arrive in my house (the fiber cabinet is just in front of my street gate).

At first I'll play with rsync and a remote hosting I have, still some days to wait...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!