No network after DELL PERC 6/i raid controller installation

• Hello guys, first of all, I am new to this forum and new to the software. I've searched the forum for my problem but can't find a solution.

I've installed OMV on a old piece of hardware. I put 1 harddisk for installation (120GB) and 1 harddisk for testing. This all works well. Now I want to add my DELL PERC 6/i controller, this controller has 8 drives in hardware RAID 5 modus. When I reboot OMV I cannot reconnect to the GUI. When I go to the terminal and login as Root, and run the command: "ip addr" then it doesn't come back with a valid IP. Is there anyone who can help me?

Do I need to remove the hardware RAID config and let OMV handle the software RAID? Any help would be nice.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Do I need to remove the hardware RAID config and let OMV handle the software RAID? Any help would be nice.

So if you unplug the PERC and reboot the network works? Those PERC controllers whilst old they are still good but if I remember they come in two 'flavours' IT and IR, to use soft raid you'll need to 'turn off' the Raid option in the bios otherwise you'll have to flash the PERC, if it can be!
    There was a thread a few months ago where a user was going to remove the backplane and just use the cage and install a sata controller.

Raid is not a backup! Would you go skydiving without a parachute?

OMV 6x amd64 running on an HP N54L Microserver

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!