users batch import syntax

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• users batch import syntax

hi

I can't manage to import users from csv

the synax is: # <name>;<uid>;<comment>;<email>;<password>;<group,group,...>;<disallowusermod>

but what is uid?

i've try to run this but I've got an error

user.name;1;comment;email;password;group

Source Code

1. Error #0:
      2. OMV\Exception: Failed to read file '/tmp/bgstatuslKkOwV' (size=0). in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/file.inc:199
      3. Stack trace:
      4. #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/file.inc(214): OMV\Json\File->getContents()
      5. #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(342): OMV\Json\File->read()
      6. #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(533): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->updateBgProcStatus('/tmp/bgstatuslK...', 'outputfilename', '/tmp/bgoutputsr...')
      7. #3 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/usermgmt.inc(711): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))
      8. #4 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceUserMgmt->importUsers(Array, Array)
      9. #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
      10. #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('importUsers', Array, Array)
      11. #7 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UserMgmt', 'importUsers', Array, Array, 1)
      12. #8 {main}
      Display All
      • First you should update your system to the latest version, your error output contains an error that is already fixed.
      • You can enter a UID that should start at 1000 or simply leave it empty
      Absolutely no support through PM!

I must not fear.
      Fear is the mind-killer.
      Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
      I will face my fear.
      I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
      And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
      Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
      Only I will remain.

Litany against fear by Bene Gesserit
    • even examples from doucmentation are not working:

Example outputs:
      # <name>;<uid>;<comment>;<email>;<password>;<shell>;<group,group,...>;<disallowusermod>user1;1001;user1;user1@myserver.com;password1;/bin/bash;sudo;1user2;1002;user2;user2@my.com;password2;/bin/sh;;0user3;1003;user3;user3@example.com;password3;/bin/false;;1user4;1004;user4;user4@test.com;password4;;;1user4;1004;user4;user4@test.com;password4;;;1 :

Source Code

1. Invalid line: user4;1004;user4;user4@test.com;password4;;;1
    • Fixed in openmediavault 4.1.22, see github.com/openmediavault/open…e355bcce73a781a8798c4e385.

I must not fear.
      Fear is the mind-killer.
      I will face my fear.
      Only I will remain.

• You have to wait until it is released. The issue has low priority because there are workarounds, so it might take a while until more important issues pop up that might be a reason for a release.

I must not fear.
      Fear is the mind-killer.
      I will face my fear.
      Only I will remain.