OMV uninstalled after "apt-get install pve-ha-manager"

• Hello,
    I have a HPE Gen8 (with some upgrades) as NAS and wanted to use extra resources for homelab and progress in knowledge of Linux.
    Being a noob (i broke the system many times using the NAS as a sandbox), i decided to install Proxmox on top of my OMV/Debian (tutorial) to separate my "sandbox dangerous activities" and the NAS aspect of my server.

I couldn't install directly with "apt install proxmox-ve" because of a dependency problem with "pve-manager" and "qemu-server".

Googleized it, did all the apt clean/... that everybody suggest, none worked.

As a result i started to do it step by step : "apt-get install pve-manager" but have problem with "pve-container", "pve-ha-manager" and "qemu-server"

Ok, i go step by step with "apt-get install pve-container" but .. require "pve-ha-manager"

Ok, let's go with "apt-get install pve-ha-manager", as usual didn't read the full warning and press Yes ....

Then, check line 38 ... OMV is now broken :cursing:

I figure out that warning are super important before pressing the "Yes" key.

I'll try to reinstall the suppressed OMV packages but i'll certainly won't be confident any more with the system after that, as a result, i'll rebuild a completely new system.

If you have a howto for a proxmox/docker/portainer (great tutorial) + OMV install, share the links please.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can't install proxmox and OMV on the same host due to conflicting dependencies. You should just run OMV in a VM on a proxmox install.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!