omv-release-upgrade failed (apt-get update failed, too)

• Where did you remove it from? I'm not seeing this error when creating a share

I removed it from /etc/openmediavault/config.xml; I just edited the SMB plugin, saved it and now it's all ok, the service is working!

I recommend using the plex docker because I'm not going to maintain the plugin anymore

Ok, I followed the procedure, so I installed OMVExtras first and Plex container in the Docker.
    Plex Media Server seems to work, now I'm updating media informations from Plex agents.

No problems if I play movies from the Plex web interface, both with the local and external network.
    I had problems with the Plex app for Android but I think I have to wait for the media analysis to complete...

Thanks so much ryecoaaron, I know that you don't read PMs but I sent you one, if you want ;)

• I had similar problem as the first post in this thread.

I have Odroid HC2 with OMV 3.0.99 runing without problems for about a year.
    I had the similar errors, when I tried to update the OMV via the Web interface - Update Managment.
    I was not able to use apt-get update via CLI also.

What I did

The most important thing before doing anything is to make a backup image of the SD card with the win32 disk imager, so if anything goes wrong, you can quickly restore your OMV 3 setup.
    Check the option "read only allocated partitions" in the win32 disk imager app.

1. Change the soures.list to

Code
    deb http://deb.debian.org/debian/ stretch main contrib non-free
    deb http://deb.debian.org/debian/ stretch-updates main contrib non-free
    deb http://deb.debian.org/debian-security stretch/updates main contrib non-free

2. I used the the @ryecoaaron comand in CLI

Code
    sed -Ei "s/(stable|oldstable|jessie)/stretch/g" /etc/apt/sources.list.d/* /etc/apt/sources.list

3. Then I used command

Code
    omv-release-upgrade

The updating procedure started and I had to wait for about an hour for the update to complete.
    Then, I rebooted the system and it''s running without errors so far.

Thanks to this thread I did upgraded to OMV 4 without any problems.

Thanks!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Change the soures.list to

This step is done by step 2 unless you are changing which repos you are using as well.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi,

after some OMV 4.x upgrades, and some fresh installs on different PCs, i can see on my network through win10 filebrowser my last "domain name" or "really old nas name".

only SMB used. global option ntlm auth = yes

for example,

i set "workgroup" as domain name in "web ui/system/network section", and i can see "nas-genna.home" and also "NAS-Genna" in my filebrowser. Why ?

new example:

in OMV3, i created a new system named "NAS-OMV3", OMV3 on SSD. After reinstall OMV4 on new SSD (previous partitions deleted), and domain name = Workgroup, nas name = "NAS-OMV4". I can see in my file browser, "nas-omv3.home" and also "NAS-OMV4".

How purge them ?

what is the explanation ? i do not see where i missed a setting

thanks again

#~ ## ~#
    edit:
    in OMV webui, Services // SMB/CiFS // Settings // Home Directories // enable & browseable are Off

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!