[SOLVED]Nextcloud and Letsencrypt help needed

• Hi @ll

I have a new setup of OMV latest and successfully installed Nextclound in Docker Container.

I found a great video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkjAcp8q0W0&t=194s but unlike
    the creator I did not want to use DuckDNS but a service I already had.
    (Thanks Techno Dad Life for the great work)

As you can guess I get a error message in the test:

Code
    Some challenges have failed.                                                                                                                                   
    IMPORTANT NOTES:                                                                                                                                               
     - The following errors were reported by the server:                                                                                                           
       Domain: mydomain.ddnsprovider.xxx                                                                                                                                    
       Type:   connection                                                                                                                                          
       Detail: Fetching                                                                                                                                            
       http://mydomain.ddnsprovider.xxxh/.well-known/acme-challenge/1KN8D_1X4YYjGMnjqxseWLuNLoOmExh8iobeXCcd8do:                                                             
       Connection refused

On my router (AVM Fritzbox) I forwarded Port 80 and 443 to Port 90 and 450 on my OMV Server.

where am I going wrong ? ?(

Thx in advance

hafnix

• No experience with a DDNS provider but I would suggest to make a "stupid test" before: get your current public IP address, grab your smartphone (i.e., connect from another network) and check wether ports 80 and 443 are indeed landing onto the nextcloud machine.

When I set the same configuration up some days ago (with a static IP) I spent 3 hours yelling before realising on my router port forwarding configuration was NOT "easy set up" as it appeared it would.

• Thank you all, I have just deleted the letsencrypt container and started from the scratch with the result that the log says it is working now.
    But: Continuing to follow the video at 15:01 he's editing the config.php in the nextcloud directory but I cannot open it, the error message
    says I have insufficient rights to open it.
    How can I gain access to this file ?

• Ok it works, the letsencrypt container wasn't listening on ports 450 and 90, this info must have somehow gone lost.
    Entered the values again and .... Tadaaa, It works ^^

Thanks to TechnoDadLife for the manual and all of you here supporting me

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!