Docker and plex failed to transcode

• Hi

Ok i have been asking over at the plex forums and have a tempo fix, but was advised to look for a permanent fix here.
    Here's my issue
    i have plex working all my data is showing and up to date.
    if i try to play music or movies i get: Conversion failed. The transcoder exited due to an error.

In the plex forum i was advised to change noexec to exec in fstab on one of my media drives. i was also told this is a temp fix

Here's how i setup plex
    under Volume and bind mount table i have /media set to /sharedfolders.
    This was the only way i could get plex to see my movies, MMA, kids Movies and music folders.
    All my media is spread over 3 drives.
    I have tried to add /media /movies, /media /movies2, /media /kids moves under Volume and bind mount table and so on but the container errors out. which closes the container and i have to re add plex.

in the plex forum i was advised to ask,
    how to make the required changes to /etc/default/openmediavault and /etc/openmediavault/config.xml such that data drives are mounted exec.

Thanks for any and all help.

• Only necessary to remove noexec from the drive that has the Plex media server library on it (/config location when using the docker). This is where the transcoders are located. Not necessary to do on drives with only media on them.

But in my case I removed noexec on all data drives anyway.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Hi,
    I'm having the same error too.
    I already followed the guide and removed the noexec from every hdd where I have media or plex config folder.
    I still get this error:
    Error creating directory "/transcode/Transcode/Sessions/plex-transcode-jzs2bx03gmrjoxka4hbdg30r-989c59c5-8d63-4df8-af76-5b9ea4df5841": boost::filesystem::create_directories: Permission denied: "/transcode/Transcode/Sessions"

This is my Plex configuration:

This is the disk where I keetp the folder /config:
    /dev/sdc3 /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Applicazioni ext4 rw,relatime,discard,jqfmt=vfsv0,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group 0 0

What am I doing wrong? :(

EDIT:
    in case someone else got this error too: I just put the /transcode folder into
    ./Config/Plex/Transcoding/Transcode

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Blabla ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!