How do I mount existing Filesystem / Filesystem wont show up on Webinterface

• Hi,
    I had OMV 3 running for some time and decided to upgrade to OMV4. I've got the new system running und up-to-date. My problem is, i cant mount my existing filesystem via webinterface. I've got a 8TB Hardware RAID as logical Volume (/dev/sda) and it shows up under "Drives":

However, I'm not able to mount my ext4 filesystem (/dev/sda1) via webinterface:

I can mount it via shell and access my files:

I have not added the drive to fstab, since I read that i have to mount it via web interface, otherwise it wouldnt create the necessary database entries.

Some information about the drive (umounted):

lsblk:

blkid

fdisk -l

Any help would be greatly appreciate, since I dont know what to do anymore on the webinterface.

Edit:
    Also, i get those messages, i dont know if that is related:

Error #0:
    OMV\Exception: Failed to read file '/tmp/bgstatusnw5ooV' (size=0). in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/file.inc:199

Stack trace:

#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/file.inc(214): OMV\Json\File->getContents()

#1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(342): OMV\Json\File->read()

#2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(533): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->updateBgProcStatus('/tmp/bgstatusnw...', 'outputfilename', '/tmp/bgoutputmO...')

#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(159): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))

#4 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/filesystemmgmt.inc(440): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('getList', Array, Array)

#5 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceFileSystemMgmt->getListBg(Array, Array)

#6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)

#7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getListBg', Array, Array)

#8 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('FileSystemMgmt', 'getListBg', Array, Array, 1)

#9 {main}

Thank you!

Best,
    Hendrik

• Offizieller Beitrag

1. You should upgrade the system to the lastest version via CLI or UI, then the error "Failed to read file '/tmp/bgstatusnw5ooV' (size=0)" disappears.
    2. It seems that there are problems with filesystems on RAID devices that are created with OMV3/Debian8. As you see blkid can not see the filesystem. That's because OMV can not display it because it rely's on this information. I do not have any workaround for this issue, most people simply copy the data to a second device and recreate the RAID on OMV4/Debian9.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!