Rock64pro fan control

• OMV 4.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Rock64 por fan control

New

Hello

Sorry again to bother you with my question, but I am on the brink of doing a homer simpsons and påulling all my hair out.

my question is straight forward, how can Í set my fan to start when the temperature is above 40C and stop below 40C ?

first I tried to do some research myself, I tried the pine64 forum and found a post the linked the a "ATS - Active Thermal Service" program so i tried to install it:

Hardware:
      Rock64pro
      two HDD (where I can view their temp. in the gui)
      Rock64pro PCI-e to sata card (pine64.org/?product=rockpro64-…al-sata-ii-interface-card)
      Rock64pro fan (pine64.org/?product=fan-for-ro…4-metal-desktopnas-casing)
      (the fan is conneted to the "FAN" port in the Rock64pro, wiki.pine64.org/index.php/ROCKPro64_Main_Page port 4)

github.com/tuxd3v/ats

Brainfuck Source Code

1. $ sudo luarocks build https://raw.githubusercontent.com/tuxd3v/ats/master/ats-0.2-0.rockspec
      2. Warning: variable CFLAGS was not passed in build_variables
      3. gcc -c -march=armv8-a+crc -mtune=cortex-a72.cortex-a53 -fPIC -Wall -Werror -O3 -g -I/usr/include/lua5.3 -o debug.o src/debug.c
      4. gcc -c -march=armv8-a+crc -mtune=cortex-a72.cortex-a53 -fPIC -Wall -Werror -O3 -g -I/usr/include/lua5.3 -o ats.o src/ats.c
      5. gcc -shared -Wl,-soname,ats.so.0 -llua5.3 -o ats.so.0.9 debug.o ats.o
      6. Install ATS Tool ..................: ats in /usr/local/sbin
      7. Install ATS Config ................: ats.config in /etc
      8. Install ATS Service File ..........: ats.service in systemd
      9. Remove previous ATS Library .......: ats.so.* from /usr/local/lib/lua/5.3
      10. Install new ATS Library ...........: ats.so.0.9 in /usr/local/lib/lua/5.3
      11. Create soname symLink .............: ats.so in /usr/local/lib/lua/5.3
      12. Failed to enable unit: File ats.service: No such file or directory
      13. Makefile:103: recipe for target 'install' failed
      14. make: *** [install] Error 1
      15. Error: Build error: Failed installing.
      Display All
      so that failed so I tried something else, someone else on the same pine64 forum said installing this was a possibility

github.com/ayufan-rock64/linux….132-1077-rockchip-ayufan

and then I tried to do this:

Source Code

1. nano /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon0/pwm1
      but I know nothing about writing my own code and I would like a more advance option instead of allways on or off.

So I read that I needed to find a sensor that could be in the config of the PWM file, so I tried to run the command:

Source Code

1. sudo sensors-detect
      but after typing YES to all the question then I got this answer:

Source Code

1. Sorry, no sensors were detected.
      2. Either your system has no sensors, or they are not supported, or
      3. they are connected to an I2C or SMBus adapter that is not
      4. supported. If you find out what chips are on your board, check
      5. http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/Devices for driver status.
      and I have updated lm-sensors by

Source Code

1. sudo apt-get install lm-sensors
      So, I hope someone can help me before I go hairless :) have a nice day.

From
      Chris

The post was edited 2 times, last by Chrisjay ().

• New

oh, that is nice to hear, I was afriad of breaking some guide lines.

well seem like I need to do a fresh install of the OS since now the GUI cant seem to find my HDD after a shutdown. Maybe that will help afterwards somehow.

update:
      nope that did no help. well now both my HDD are visible but I still get an install error when I try to follow in install instructions for the "ATS - Active Thermal Service" program.. I am at a lost :/

The post was edited 1 time, last by Chrisjay ().

• New

Chrisjay wrote:

oh, that is nice to hear, I was afriad of breaking some guide lines.

well seem like I need to do a fresh install of the OS since now the GUI cant seem to find my HDD after a shutdown. Maybe that will help afterwards somehow.

update:
      nope that did no help. well now both my HDD are visible but I still get an install error when I try to follow in install instructions for the "ATS - Active Thermal Service" program.. I am at a lost :/
      if you follow the instructions github.com/tuxd3v/ats#requirements also sometime ago a specific kernel was required but not sure if it is true today. you can always ask in the forum there, the op is helpful.