Asterisk16 and FreePBX 14 (with php5.6) and not breaking OMV

• Offizieller Beitrag

I will warn that I think this is a terrible idea to install php5.6 on your OMV system since php 5.6 is EOL'd - https://www.php.net/supported-versions.php. I think you should run it in a docker if you have to do this.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I would probably agree, however FreePBX is about the best GUI for asterisk going, and I'd rather that than bugger with the CLI :)

Alternately you could create a new usergroup and add apache2 and asterisk to it, and just set the perms on the php5.6 exe to be for that group alone - which would limit the exposure somewhat. As mentioned in the article, tampering with the php code trips a signature alarm, so as it's only one apache2 site, one (nologin) user and a php-fm instance using php5.6, the attack surface is limited.

*Most* but not all the FreePBX scripts run if you just edit them to run php7.0 instead of 5.6, but they will trigger signature check alerts in FreePBX, and not all of them yet do - although the FreePBX team say they are trying to get moved to php7, I don't think it's a priority for them yet :(

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would probably agree, however FreePBX is about the best GUI for asterisk going, and I'd rather that than bugger with the CLI

Alternately you could create a new usergroup and add apache2 and asterisk to it, and just set the perms on the php5.6 exe to be for that group alone - which would limit the exposure somewhat.

There are freepbx dockers which would keep php5.6 off your OMV install and not force you to use the CLI. The docker will most likely work on newer versions of OMV where the posted method probably won't.

although the FreePBX team say they are trying to get moved to php7, I don't think it's a priority for them yet

This is pretty sad considering the date has been known for over a year.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!