Missing space on system device

• Apologies if this is obvious, but I'm not that experienced with Linux/Unix and a search ( which has resolved other stumbling blocks on my journey ) hasn't helped with this issue.

The machine has a 4GiB SSD for OMV and a 2Tb drive for data. This machine is intended for backup only and everything else seems to work fine including RSync from the main OMV NAS. I appreciate that the 4GiB SSD is right at the minimum h/w requirement.

Anyway, looking at Storage/Disks, the 4GiB SSD is reported as a 4GiB flash drive with 3.81GiB capacity. This is the same in Storage/S.M.A.R.T. That's as expected.

However, in Storage/File Systems the disk ( ext4 ) is reported as 2.12GiB and currently only has 7.73MiB available!

What happened to the other space? I seem to be missing around 1.5GiB.

Thanks.

OMV : 4.1.21-1

• I have 16GB of RAM in my OMV box, but I have run it with as little as 8GB. I run without swap and have had no problems doing so. You could probably do the same.

But a 4GB system disk is quite small and you should expect to run out of space eventually.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!