Seafile Client, Docker

• Hi all

This is my first how to post so if anyone has any suggestions let me know.

I have been able to install the seafile client in docker so it can sync with a seafile server.

Thanks to flowgunso on Docker hub who put this Docker together so I was able to pull it from there.
    https://hub.docker.com/r/flowgunso/seafile-client

In OMV docker search for flowgunso/seafile-client and pull the image.

Run the image and then there are a few things you need to add, there:

SEAF_SERVER_URL
    The URL to your Seafile server.
    SEAF_USERNAME
    Your Seafile account's username.
    SEAF_PASSWORD
    Your Seafile account's password.
    SEAF_LIBRARY_UUID
    The Seafile library UUID you want to use.

Also you will need to add the location of where you want the files to sync to in the host path area and add "/volume" in the container path.

See the attached photo

• I have uploaded a 4GB file (ethernet cable) in less than 1 min and in synced to the docker container in about the same amount of time, if you try to upload a large file via the web browser it doesn't work, it just hangs, as far as I'm aware to do that the ram needs to be higher than the file you are uploading.

• New OMV 4 user here, and I wasn't able to find specifics in the forum, or elsewhere. Can you detail how you installed the Seafile docker image on a running OMV 4 system?

Do you just download the flowgunso Seafile client to the OMV 4 machine and run some script, somewhere?

• I have attached photos to help.

Step one:
    Search for flowgunso/seafile-client and run. (Photo 1 and 2)

Step two:
    Pick a Container name (i chose seafile but you can chose anything)
    Change Restart Policy to "Always"
    (Photo 3)

Step three:
    Add
    SEAF_SERVER_URL

SEAF_USERNAME

SEAF_PASSWORD

SEAF_LIBRARY_UUID

and fill out the necessary details and hit the tick icon.

Chose where you want the files to sync to in the "Host Path".
    Add /volume to the "Container Path" Also hit the tick button to save it.

(Photo 4)

To find out the UUID of your Seafile folder see (photo 5).

Click save and that should be it.

• Looks helpful for the guide. In step 3 where you add SEAF_USERNAME and SEAF_PASSWORD, are those on the local OMV box (Do I create a new user?), is it the username running the Seafile Docker (seafuser), or just some random name (and associated password) I pick?

• So you need to have a Seafile server running else where like on a different machine or maybe in the cloud, do you have a Seafile server somewhere? As this is just the client not the actual server.
    The SEAF_USERNAME and SEAF_PASSWORD, are the user name and password you use to log into that.

• I have uploaded a 4GB file (ethernet cable) in less than 1 min and in synced to the docker container in about the same amount of time, if you try to upload a large file via the web browser it doesn't work, it just hangs, as far as I'm aware to do that the ram needs to be higher than the file you are uploading.

I had to upload about 50tb to a ceph storage via seafile, which of course is not what it is intended for. Unfortuanally this was the only interface which was given to me by the customer.
    I had access via 80gbit infiniband and ipoib, but every upload failed after about 20 hours. Some further testing on my own systems showed, that this seemed to be a general isssue at that time.
    Glad its working that well for you.

• I had to upload about 50tb to a ceph storage via seafile, which of course is not what it is intended for. Unfortuanally this was the only interface which was given to me by the customer.I had access via 80gbit infiniband and ipoib, but every upload failed after about 20 hours. Some further testing on my own systems showed, that this seemed to be a general isssue at that time.
    Glad its working that well for you.

Thats way more data than I have even seen lol, I'm just running this at home so data transfers for me will never be that large.

• Offizieller Beitrag

New OMV 4 user here, and I wasn't able to find specifics in the forum, or elsewhere. Can you detail how you installed the Seafile docker image on a running OMV 4 system?

Do you just download the flowgunso Seafile client to the OMV 4 machine and run some script, somewhere?

There's another Seafile docker by the seafile guys, and I think there is also one by linuxserverio that is the actual server. I started to mess with it briefly when I installed OMV 4 but the containers were pretty problematic for me and I had significant issues. Since I've got Nextcloud working flawlessly, I've not messed with it again

I had Seafile on OMV 3 running very well and honestly I really liked it. It was all set up "under the hood" in the command line... and was pretty involved (there's a massive thread here somewhere about it). I didn't use it a ton, but it was nice to have available when needed. Had the docker worked as intended, I would have stuck with Seafile, but as it is, I'm very happy with Nextcloud. You might be able to use that Seafile thread useful on Debian 9. Seafile has pretty good documentation on their site and I'm guessing you could find pretty solid instructions for setting it up. They've also got pretty extensive instructions on setting up the official Seafile docker.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!