Install OMV on antiX

• Hi!

I know, I know... installing OMV on a GUI is not recommended, but right now I'm just playing around and would like to do it. I got antiX running on my little device, but since I'm a Linux noob, I'm a bit stuck on how to install OMV.

I guess it's only a few commands to get it up and running, but I hope that someone can tell me which one they are.

Thank you in advance!

• If you are planning an omv installation, I do not know if there is any sense to use antix. OMV for x86 is based on debian, so it's kind of like spinning around. And, I think it requires systemd....

Personally, in your place I would test OMV + X. If there are problems, you will give up further tests.

Zitat

"Remote desktop plugin for OpenMediaVault
    Installs xfce4 minimal desktop environment and rdp server.

• If you really want to have OMV + Kodi, try it. You must install the entire graphical environment and its components on debian from scratch.
    Although I do not know why you absolutely want this solution. I personally use similar but not as a video player.

The best solution would be physical separation. Buy SBC for OMV.
    Or you can still test OMV + virtualbox + and something like geexbox / kodibuntu or whatever is in fashion right now.
    But how efficiently you can push the video out of vm to the physical host output is another story.
    You can also put some distro + kodi + virtualbox and omv in it.

Have fun and good luck. :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!