Another Sabnzbd config/permissions thread (sorry!)

• I seem to have the same issue that so many of others have had trying to set up Sabnzbd in docker via the UI. I've been using Sabnzbd for years but I am new to docker and a novice at linux. I've read through a ton of forum posts but I am still missing something. The problems start when I try to move the config folder and downloads folder to shared folders (it works fine if I let it stay inside of the default container).

The first sign of trouble is that in the container config it writes in new config statements after I saved mine.

Once I get it fired up I can see that the default base folder is "/config" and that while it will let me navigate to my "Downloads" folder it errors out on save with "Cannot create download_dir folder /sharedfolders/Downloads/Temporary".

I know that I am missing something fundamental - I've spent hours reading through various forums. One other note - I noticed in the SABNzbd log that the UID and GID are "911" - not sure where this value is coming from or if it matters. I am running it as root but I did try to add that value in here instead of "0" but that didn't work either. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated and I hope that I can pay it forward someday.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von muchgooder () aus folgendem Grund: Added in bit about 911

• You have your Container path and Host path reversed in all of your Volume and Bind mounts.

/config, /downloads, and /incomplete-downloads are Container paths. The /sharedfolders are Host paths.

Also you have duplicated these. Remove the ones three have set R/O.

911 is a default UID/GID if you do not specify these and you should be specifying these as known user:group that already exist on the system and that have the correct permissions to access the locations the container needs to read from and write to. And these are specified as PUID and PGID for this container, not what you are using.

Never run a container as root or with elevated privileges unless you know what you are doing and it is absolutely required by the container. Read the docs for the images you run to see if this is required. This is not required for the linuxserver.io sabnzbd image.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von gderf ()

• @gderf Thank you sooooooooooo much for that. I originally had it that way and I think I misread a response in another thread created by someone that had the same problem.

I am still missing something. Within Sabnzbd I need to select the shared download folders - I don't even see them in the drop-downs. Are they buried in the linux file paths? Or am I missing another option?

• I run the same docker here on my OMV but unfortunately the machine is down with a failed motherboard so I can't look. But you should be using the container path within sab. So either look for or type in /downloads

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• @gderf Thanks again! Does the path to my shared folders need to be underneath the config path? That's what I am getting tripped up on.

I set the config to be to be in an "AppData" share - that seems to be working.

When I go to select the temporary download folder I can see that the base path is the same /config folder. I can go up one level above that.... now what? Am I limited to only the config child folders?

• Yes.

Ok, lightbulb went on and everything else now makes sense and I am now downloading again.

I do have one more issue that has popped up - maybe you know something about it. I am getting an error in the console saying that it can't back up /config/sabnzbd.bak. I can see the file being regularly created in /config so I don't know why it is complaining. A search revealed that others have had this issue - haven't seen a great explanationg.

019-04-20 20:25:09,615::ERROR::[config:847] Cannot create backup file for /config/sabnzbd.ini.bak
    2019-04-20 20:25:09,616::INFO::[config:848] Traceback:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/share/sabnzbdplus/sabnzbd/config.py", line 844, in save_config
    shutil.copymode(filename, bakname)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/shutil.py", line 105, in copymode
    os.chmod(dst, mode)
    OSError: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: '/config/sabnzbd.ini.bak'

• First I have heard about this problem and since my machine is down I don't know if I have it too or not. But if it doesn't cause any problems I wouldn't worry about it.

--

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!